MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ten days was a hell of a long time to wait, but I finally got to pick up my M&P 9.

I was doing the initial cleaning when I noticed that the recoil spring had a blue substance on the spring. I have never seen this before and it doesn't come off that easily either. Does anybody know what this is?

·
Registered
757 Posts
The blue identifies the spring for the assemblers at the plant. They get whole bunches of springs for various pistols, it's a visual cue as to what pistol the part goes into. Doesn't hurt anything, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
calmp9 said:
Ten days was a hell of a long time to wait, but I finally got to pick up my M&P 9.

I was doing the initial cleaning when I noticed that the recoil spring had a blue substance on the spring. I have never seen this before and it doesn't come off that easily either. Does anybody know what this is?

Poor petal, 10 days?

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?...&highlight=

Try 8 [email protected]#$% months! 17-Mar-07 to Pick-up and shoot, 21-11-07...

Congrats and blast away! I hope the thing shoots good for you!
Blue is a colour code for the spring and it wears off in places any way... does nothing.

·
Registered
936 Posts
calmp9 said:

its paint

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wr moore said:
The blue identifies the spring for the assemblers at the plant. They get whole bunches of springs for various pistols, it's a visual cue as to what pistol the part goes into. Doesn't hurt anything, don't worry about it.

Okay, that's interesting. Thanks for the information on that.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
243ww said:
[quote name='calmp9']Ten days was a hell of a long time to wait, but I finally got to pick up my M&P 9.

Poor petal, 10 days?

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?...&highlight=

Try 8 [email protected]#$% months! 17-Mar-07 to Pick-up and shoot, 21-11-07...

Congrats and blast away! I hope the thing shoots good for you!
Blue is a colour code for the spring and it wears off in places any way... does nothing.[/quote]

Thanks!

8 months? Why so long? Is that the waiting period in Australia?

·
Registered
49 Posts
calmp9 said:

What did you have to wait for ?

I just go to my local Academy, purchase any firearm and walk away with it in about 30 minutes.

My concealed handgun license helps out a bit.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
icecoldtexan said:
[quote name='calmp9']Ten days was a hell of a long time to wait, but I finally got to pick up my M&P 9.

What did you have to wait for ?

I just go to my local Academy, purchase any firearm and walk away with it in about 30 minutes.

My concealed handgun license helps out a bit.[/quote]

I ask myself the same question everyday. Living in the Republic of Kalifornia can be difficult at times. Wouldn't mind moving, but there are family and financial concerns that prevent that. Otherwise, I'm outta here!

My brother lives in Nevada and he has the same freedoms that you have. I am happy for the other states. At least, they recognize the second amendment as a right and not a privelege.

·
Registered
380 Posts
it's just paint... they all have them, in whatever color.

it will eventually come off... and watch out... you'll break down your gun and there will be flakes of blue crap all over the inside of your gun. lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts