MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw an add for our local gun dealer selling M&P autos in 9mm or .40S&W for $399 new in box. Plus you will still qualify for the 2 free mags AND range bag. That's just too hard to pass up I think. Looks like I might be joining you M&P owners VERY soon. I told my wife about the sale and she asked if we were going by the store after work lol....not the reaction I was expecting!! I have planned on getting the 9mm compact, I'm hoping this sale is for ALL M&P autos not just full size. I'll let you know what happens!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. Around here they're both running about $460. Ijust got my free clips so they should have plenty left to go around. Still waiting on my range bag though. If you do end up getting an M&P I think you"ll love it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
phantom45 said:
Just saw an add for our local gun dealer selling M&P autos in 9mm or .40S&W for $399 new in box. Plus you will still qualify for the 2 free mags AND range bag. That's just too hard to pass up I think. Looks like I might be joining you M&P owners VERY soon. I told my wife about the sale and she asked if we were going by the store after work lol....not the reaction I was expecting!! I have planned on getting the 9mm compact, I'm hoping this sale is for ALL M&P autos not just full size. I'll let you know what happens!

Phantom,

We could have had lunch yesterday and gone over there together. I hope I didn't get the last compact 9.

The sale is for compacts as well. It was $431 out the door (after tax). I sent off my requests for the free magazines and the free range bag yesterday as well! Get on it! What are you waiting for?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha small world
Yeah I'm thinking I'm heading over there after work today to check it out. Tydephan did you check out what series serial number you got? I was thinking about doing some reading on here to see what "good" serials were or were known to have less issues before going up to the shop. I think I would certainly enjoy the M&P 9c. Might even talk the wife into wanting her own lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
phantom45 said:
Haha small world
Yeah I'm thinking I'm heading over there after work today to check it out. Tydephan did you check out what series serial number you got? I was thinking about doing some reading on here to see what "good" serials were or were known to have less issues before going up to the shop. I think I would certainly enjoy the M&P 9c. Might even talk the wife into wanting her own lol.

Yeah it was an MPL5.

My boss bought a compact back in March, when they ran their last massive SW sale. I looked at it and it had some bad swirl marks in the finish. I wasn't impressed at all. The finish was much worse than my full size M&P I bought back in September of last year.

But the compact I bought yesterday was in good shape. The spent casings were dated 12/06.

I haven't fired it yet. Will probably be this weekend before I can get that done, so I can't vouch for reliability yet.

If you get one (or two), don't forget to get your free range pass. I don't know how frequently you purchase, but you get a free range pass with every gun you buy (an additional $10 value on top of all the other free stuff). Their range is nice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went up there tonight. Decided to hit the range and try out the full size M&P 9mm and the .40 compact. (didn't have a 9mm compact sadly) The salesman I talked with seemed to recommend the full size, figured I might as well give it a shot while I was back there who knows I might prefer it.

After shooting both (and despite the fact I generally don't like .40 and don't shoot it well) I think I'm going back to my initial thought and leaning to the compact. I shot that .40 compact quite well which was a surprise for me, it still felt good in my hands, and in a smaller/lighter package which is my main consideration for this purchase. I imagine I will be able to shoot the 9mm compact as well if not better.

I already have a full size 1911 that I love, if carrying a fuller size pistol is feasible I'll most likely be carrying that. But I'd like a smaller carry option that weighs quite a bit less and somewhat smaller. By the time I got off the range it was 5mins till closing so I didn't walk out with one, figured I'd give myself some more time to decide which size I wanted. I did notice the "gritty" trigger I've heard about, more so on the .40 compact. Don't think that's a deal breaker though. I hope to get back up there probably within the next week to make a purchase!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Right on... Glad you liked it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Sometimes you find deals that you literally just can't pass up. I got a brand new M&P40c for $350 after everything was said and done. No way I could pass that up.

I'm sure no matter what caliber or size you end up with you'll be happy with it. I'm happier than a kid in a candy store with each of mine.

·
Registered
150 Posts
phantom45 said:
Went up there tonight. Decided to hit the range and try out the full size M&P 9mm and the .40 compact. (didn't have a 9mm compact sadly) The salesman I talked with seemed to recommend the full size, figured I might as well give it a shot while I was back there who knows I might prefer it.

After shooting both (and despite the fact I generally don't like .40 and don't shoot it well) I think I'm going back to my initial thought and leaning to the compact. I shot that .40 compact quite well which was a surprise for me, it still felt good in my hands, and in a smaller/lighter package which is my main consideration for this purchase. I imagine I will be able to shoot the 9mm compact as well if not better.

I already have a full size 1911 that I love, if carrying a fuller size pistol is feasible I'll most likely be carrying that. But I'd like a smaller carry option that weighs quite a bit less and somewhat smaller. By the time I got off the range it was 5mins till closing so I didn't walk out with one, figured I'd give myself some more time to decide which size I wanted. I did notice the "gritty" trigger I've heard about, more so on the .40 compact. Don't think that's a deal breaker though. I hope to get back up there probably within the next week to make a purchase!

Cool. Sorry about taking the last 9c.

I'm thinking about going back next week and getting a full size 40. Haven't made up my mind yet though. I'm not sure how long their sale lasts, but I know last time their 40's were real slow to sell, whereas the 9mm went like hot cakes.

Glad you like the pistol. It's a keeper for sure!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The ad that I saw said these prices should be good up to July 3rd just so ya know! They still had some M&P9c's in stock, just not demo versions on the range so it's all good.

·
Registered
150 Posts
machgt said:
some good deals! especially if you don't have to pay shipping and ffl fees!

Yup yup:

$399 pistol + tax = $431

Subtract magazines ($80)

Subtract range back ($50)

Subtract free range pass ($10)

= $291 M&P.

My old boss used to call this financial mastur...oh never mind.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I made the leap today guys and joined your ranks of proud M&P owners!!
Ended up with an MPL serial can't wait to shoot the thing! Gotta print out those coupons now for free mags and bag!

·
Registered
150 Posts
phantom45 said:
Well I made the leap today guys and joined your ranks of proud M&P owners!!
Ended up with an MPL serial can't wait to shoot the thing! Gotta print out those coupons now for free mags and bag!

Congratulations! What model did you finally decide on?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also went with the M&P9c. I already have a full size 1911, the compact really fit more of the needs/purposes of this purchase. Small as possible without sacrificing too much comfort, nice capacity for the size, lightweight, easy to conceal, etc etc. I gotta shoot the dang thing now haha!!! Bought 200 rounds and I'm itching to go through em

·
Registered
150 Posts
phantom45 said:
Also went with the M&P9c. I already have a full size 1911, the compact really fit more of the needs/purposes of this purchase. Small as possible without sacrificing too much comfort, nice capacity for the size, lightweight, easy to conceal, etc etc. I gotta shoot the dang thing now haha!!! Bought 200 rounds and I'm itching to go through em

Hope you got your free range pass too! They don't typically offer them, but will give you one if you ask.

Congrats on a fine pistol!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I sure did!! The guy that "sold" (more like me walking in and said gimme a M&P9c haha) me the gun forgot about the range pass, but as I was walking out with the new gun another guy stopped me and asked if I got my free pass haha. So it worked out well enough. We should meet up at the range sometime and shoot those compacts together
I also go out to the outdoor range over in New Market (down Winchester Road).

·
Registered
150 Posts
phantom45 said:
I also go out to the outdoor range over in New Market (down Winchester Road).

I live right down the road from this range. And I'm embarrassed to admit I've never been to it. I shoot in my backyard most of the time (an advantage to living on a farm). The rest of the time I use Larry's range.

I'll shoot you a pm if I get some free time in the near future. I have a sweet Sig p232 on the way as well. Check it out:

The Nill grips were more than I could stand, so I had to buy it off him. I'll need to shoot it and the new M&P compact. Tough life.

I'll holler!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts