MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Definitely good points, she has shot my Shield but is still unsure if she wants a gun to carry. She mostly enjoys shooting her 22 for target practice at this point. When or if we are ready to purchase her gun, I’ll make sure to take her to our range to rent first :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
@M5Guy -- If/when that time comes, try to rent a P238. It is a small gun, but so is your Shield. It is also a bit pricey and you do have to carry it cocked and locked, which turns some people off, but it is a "1911 style" gun. It is .380 but SIG also makes the P938 which is 9mm, but more recoil and harder to rack the slide.....of course.

It is every bit as EZ to use in every way as the Shield EZ's are, and is not ammo picky and is really reliable if you don't completely limp wrist it. So far, with one exception, every woman who has shot my P238 has fallen in love with it and bought one for herself. The exception liked my Glock 42 better. Go figure.

In the meantime, I really do have a lot of fun on the range with my Shield EZ .380. Because of it sometimes stovepiping the last round in a magazine and because of not being able to load even a partially full magazine if there is a round in the chamber, it will never be a home defense gun and most definitely never be a carry gun. But it is a hoot to shoot. I also have an M&P22c which is even more fun and almost the identical size as the Shield EZ. I am blessed!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts