MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last week I picked up and 2.0 4.25". I absolutely love it, it's my new EDC / for work gun. I open carry for work, and the the butt was tearing up my arm! it felt like i was rubbing sandpaper on it all day. So when I got home, I grabbed some sandpaper and went to town on it. the only problem was i wasn't paying enough attention to my contact points and marred up my brand new pistol. It's fairly insignificant, and not overly noticeable without direct light, but still, it's a cautionary tale.
Safety glove Sleeve Gesture Glove Grey

Wood Hunting knife Gun accessory Blade Metal

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Revolver Watch Wood Air gun Gun accessory

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'd try one of two things.

Oil first. Put a drop of oil on a cleaning patch and rub it into those spots, it should make them darker. Just wipe off the excess with a fresh patch.

Something like armorall second, if you don't use the oil. Armor all ought to shine it up nice a black again, but might make it slick, too. I'd be careful with the armor all.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It doesn't look so bad - just people it's from lot's of practice lol. But besides that, how did it come out ? Did it take the roughness away ? I put Talon grips on mine for summer time for concealed carry - no undershirt in Summer. I've been thinking of some light sanding myself - so it's not so rough on the skin and doesn' grab onto my shirt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesn't look so bad - just people it's from lot's of practice lol. But besides that, how did it come out ? Did it take the roughness away ? I put Talon grips on mine for summer time for concealed carry - no undershirt in Summer. I've been thinking of some light sanding myself - so it's not so rough on the skin and doesn' grab onto my shirt.
It turned out great! It's exactly what it needed! I thought about getting a hogue sleeve for it, but i don't care for those very much. I'm going to put a few drops of oil like suggested by M1A4ME so we'll how that turns out too.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I wish more people did this as opposed to whining. The stipple on the shield plus is now worthless due to all the whining.

It costs $150 to get it restippled the way it should be, as opposed to a few dollars worth of sand paper from those complaining.

They cater to the squeaky wheel and those of us that actually use a gun as it was designed, get screwed.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I carried my 2.0 5" FDE 9MM for awhile IWB under my t-shirt for outdoor carry around my house/property (yard work, projects, fencing, etc.) That stipple liked to eat me up. At the end of the first day I felt like my side was on fire. The more I sweated, the more it burned/stung. The second day was about the same. By the 3rd or 4th day I didn't notice it any longer. No plans to reduce the grip feel.

These days, outside around the house carry is done with a leg drop (or is it drop leg??) holster so the stippling wouldn't bother my side/skin anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts