MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to shoot my new compact! Had a great time! Imho it's one of the easiest shooters I have had my hands on. Ran only about 200 rounds through it, from several different makers, and absolutely no hiccups! Guess I'll have to get a full size in .40 now

·
Registered
48 Posts
Info from smith-wesson.com and teamglock.com

M&P compact 9mm

OAL 6.7"

Width 1.2"

Height 4.3"

Weight 21.7 OZ

Glock 26 9mm

OAL 6.29"

Width 1.18"

Height 4.17"

Weight 19.97 OZ

·
Registered
17 Posts
Recoil

I've never fired a G19 so I can't relate to that frame of reference. I carried a g23 for a couple of years, however. How would it be relative to that?

·
Registered
419 Posts
The G19 is a lighter recoiling gun than a G23. I would say a nice amount less than a G23 for the M&P compact 9mm. It is really hard to put it in words, but it is a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I took my MP40 & my MP 9c to the Bullet Trap Gun Range in Plano, Texas on Dec. 30. This was only the second time I've shot the MP compact. Both guns shoot great. I even suprise myself with how accurate I can shoot both of these pistols.

While at the range they had a Springfield 1911 45 caliber Micro Compact on sale at a reduced price. My wife has been wanting a 1911 so she tried a rent gun to test it out. It shot great so she bought the NIB one. Now we gotta go back and shoot her new 1911. The fun never ends!!! What a great way to start the new year.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Finally got to take my MP9C to the range, after almost two long weeks waiting after making the purchase. Shot 100 rounds of WWB's without any hint of a problem! Recoil was very managable. It was a real kick to shoot and rather accurate as well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts