MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to get to the range tonight and I convinced my wife to come along. We got the last available lane, place was packed. She was nervous, and all the other guns didn't help. After some pointers she started to feel more comfy and did really well for her first time shooting. I kept the mags at just 3 rounds as I figured she could relax more shooting in small spurts. She did fine loading the clips also. Of course, now I am going to clean it alone. I'll save that for her next round at the range. She even wanted to keep her targets lol. I'm against keeping them so she sadly left them. I figure it would look bad in court if we had to use the gun against a burglar or something along those lines. Anyways, she said she would like to go back again and was checking out a shotgun before we left
Cant beat family fun. And this will make it MUCH easier for me to get a few extras toys here and there

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
congrats man I cannot get my wife to bring my "toys" from one room to another

·
Registered
223 Posts
My wife was dead set against guns. Hated them. That was until I finally convinced her to just try a Beretta 92FS. “Just one shot, it will not kill you”, I said.

After nervously squeezing off the first round she rapidly emptied the 15 round magazine and said “fill it up, quick!” then claimed the weapon as her own. That was 12 years ago and now she is a better shot than I.

Her personal pistol is now a SP101 and she shoots full blown 357 Mag without flinching the least bit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Just for future reference, they are not clips, they are magazines and saving targets will not influence a legal/justified use of force. Enjoy and be proud of gun ownership!

·
Registered
319 Posts
My girl is like that as well. I remenber i was not getting 'ny action for long time after I bought the first hundgun.

she hated having gun in the house(even tho I had a long gun as long as i'm with her), thought the gun kills, and gun is the evil and everything in between.

Then I was able to talk her in to comming to shoot with me(told her that there were some hot chics shooting at the range, and that convinced her to come along and keep eye on me. lol)

Then i was alble to talk her in to shoot a 1 round from my Ruger 22/45, and after she hit the target, she was hooked.

She now comes with me everytime, even asked me when we were going to the range next.

She shoots slightly bigger gun now then she used to be. Infact, I bought my 3913 just for her because she wanted it( I was gonna buy Taurus PT24/7Pro)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats,

I am taking my wife to the range just about everytime now, and I am loving it.

Only took 6 years.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've been taking my girlfriend to the range for over twenty seven years now. She'll shot anything from a .22 to a S&W 12ounce .357 magnum to a S&W 500 4 inch barrel. She doesn't care much for the Smith & Wesson 340 PD 12 ounce revolver shooting full power .357 ammo, but does it with proficiency. She can easily out shoot me with just about any firearm. She likes to prove it to me by shooting a snubby at fifty yards and getting all shots COM. Don't ask how she handles my 1911s. :oops: If I were ever in a gun fight, out of everyone else I know, I would like her to have my back.

BTW, I always keep her in the loop when purchasing new firearms. Right now I'm thinking of buying a Springfield EMP and shes all for it. I'm wondering if I'll get a chance to fire it.

Dennis

·
Registered
123 Posts
My wife and I started dating when we were 15 yrs old (a long time ago). Some of our first dates were shooting rifles and shotguns in my parents back yard. The "back yard" was a half mile long with a hill in the back. Now she says she will buy me a MP40c for Christmas. God I love this woman.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Good deal ss600r! Enjoy the fact that you can do this together. I have found that women who are initially afraid of guns do better with them than "Rambo" wanna be men. I think because they are afraid of the weapon, they listen and follow direction better. When you do well with something you have feared, the bug usually bites. Men just go out and start "slingin lead".

By the way, I would let her keep the targets. Unless you live in one of the few states that have no tolerance for defending one self, you are protected from prosecution and lawsuits (check your states statutes, they should be available online).

Most of all though, have fun

·
Registered
464 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
congrats man I cannot get my wife to bring my "toys" from one room to another

When we go to the range Ill bring mine to help train her if yours teaches mine to cook. :wink:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Puffy said:
[quote name='101Combat Vet']congrats man I cannot get my wife to bring my "toys" from one room to another

When we go to the range Ill bring mine to help train her if yours teaches mine to cook. :wink:[/quote]

·
Registered
54 Posts
bbkat said:
[quote name='40SX']I've been taking my girlfriend to the range for over twenty seven years now.

Does your wife shoot too?[/quote]

I don't have a wife... and no my girlfriend can't cook. :wink:

Dennis

·
Registered
501 Posts
bbkat said:
[quote name='40SX']I've been taking my girlfriend to the range for over twenty seven years now.

Does your wife shoot too?[/quote]

The Other answer would have been................... "Obviously not!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts