MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone refer me to a tool kit or tools for repairing or working on the M&P? punch tool? that kinda stuff?

thanks

E

·
0 Posts
What is the 1/8 and 3/32 roll pin punch for? I know the wrench is to adjust windage

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The roll pin punches are to remove the roll pins and other pins in the pistol.

The 1/16 allen is not to adjust windage. The drift punch is used to adjust windage.

E

·
0 Posts
Okay, I've tried all my hexagon keys and star keys and NONE of them can fit in the slot to change the windage.

What size drift punch do you use to change the windage and where do you get it? Not Home Depot, because I looked there. And what is a drift punch?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Eddo36 said:
Okay, I've tried all my hexagon keys and star keys and NONE of them can fit in the slot to change the windage.

What size drift punch do you use to change the windage and where do you get it? Not Home Depot, because I looked there. And what is a drift punch?

Isn't the 1/16" allen wrench used to loosen the set screw on the rear sight? Then you use the drift punch to "bump" the sight laterally to adjust windage?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Correct.

I installed factory night sights on another M&P, and that set screw was a different size. I don't remember what it was.

·
Registered
348 Posts
i believe it was 2mm, although I may be mistaken.

i only remember because I had to go buy one...thank you harbor freight

E

·
0 Posts
My 1/16" allen wrench won't fit into the windage screw because I've busted the windage screw trying different size wrenches on it. Can I send it back to S&W warranty? I can't get that screw out with even 1/16" now.

E

·
0 Posts
I'm not familiar with ther term strip it out, so I just used busted.

When you are unable to turn the windage screw anymore because the 1/16" allen slot is busted as in it is more circular than hexagonal, and the wrench keeps slipping through.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Somebody is starting to sound like an Airsofter behind the keyboard?????????????

·
Registered
42 Posts
The allen screw on the rear sight has to be a standard measurement. It is smaller than a 2mm and larger than a 1.5mm. Now I just have to find a small enough allen set in standard sizes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts