MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
If I'm still over here when mine come in from M-P Store, I going to test a copule here in Iraq. I would like to see how they perform with the dust and stuff here.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Morgan Walker said:
What was that, that ejected from the port when he inserted the mag and charged it a few times. Whatever it was, it ended up on the ground next to his feet, but overall I think I will buy a few Magpul's. :wink:
If you look closely he had dummy rounds in it, demonstrating that the mag is still feeding, sometimes they are hard to see, they are either black or a very dark color.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I picked one up today, and I'm going to the range this weekend. The guy at my local shop said that they work well, but all polymer mag tends to crack after awhile. Will let you know.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Bought mine from Grant at G&R Tactical, the only issue I have is you need to slam those suckers hard in the magazine well to get them to lock into place. But other than that I am happy, but it worries me if in a violent situation will these suckers really work when you need them too...

I have also heard there are different models, as in the same magazine, but different additions and changes made, does anyone know that for sure.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
Bought mine from Grant at G&R Tactical, the only issue I have is you need to slam those suckers hard in the magazine well to get them to lock into place. But other than that I am happy, but it worries me if in a violent situation will these suckers really work when you need them too...

I have also heard there are different models, as in the same magazine, but different additions and changes made, does anyone know that for sure.

There are three generations of PMAGs:

1. First Gen was those with a date code of 3/07.

2. Second Gen was date code 4/07-6/07.

3. Third Gen is date code 7/07.

I have used all three generations without problems. However, now all twelve of my mags are 3rd generation.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
GaryXD said:
[quote name='Morgan Walker']Bought mine from Grant at G&R Tactical, the only issue I have is you need to slam those suckers hard in the magazine well to get them to lock into place. But other than that I am happy, but it worries me if in a violent situation will these suckers really work when you need them too...

There are three generations of PMAGs:

1. First Gen was those with a date code of 3/07.

2. Second Gen was date code 4/07-6/07.

3. Third Gen is date code 7/07.

I have used all three generations without problems. However, now all twelve of my mags are 3rd

generation.[/quote]

Thanks Gary, I thought there was a recall or something, that's why it took so long for them to hit the market.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts