MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just want to say I'm lovin my MP9 so far. I've gone through over 600 rounds and not one issue. Just got my M-tac as well which i am pleased to say is a great holster.

One question though...It seems like my slide release lever is tough to push down in all situations and i guess i never really paid attention to it until i was practicing reloading on the fly. I wouldnt consider myself to have weak hands by any means and this takes LOTS of force and eventually rubs my finger raw.

Does anyone have this issue also, and is there something i can do about it?

TIA

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Yes, they can be a little tough. It will ease up some as the gun gets broke. Use the preffered method of slingshoting the slide, that is what those serrations are for!!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Dubs said:
It seems like my slide release lever is tough to push down in all situations and i guess i never really paid attention to it until i was practicing reloading on the fly. I wouldnt consider myself to have weak hands by any means and this takes LOTS of force and eventually rubs my finger raw.
My fullsize was like this as well. After 2500 rounds using 10 round mags, it eased up just a bit but not enough. I sent it in and it came back feeling the way it should. Don't let the slide release haters get you down.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I used a stone and 600 grit w/d sand paper on both of mine. They now work as they should. I prefer to be able to release whichever way I choose. Get shot in the weak hand/arm and you will wish the release would do just that. IMHO

The early version release did not provide as much to press on as recent manufacture. I switched out for new version on my .40 which is in MPAXXXX serial number group.

Just go easy with the stone. A little bit goes a long way.

:twisted:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts