MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, maybe you can help this way...I sent an E-mail to the company about the availability of training barrels (in the future) for the M&P. I also asked if I could be put on an E-mail notification list for when a new barrel comes out. I got an E-mail back advising that barrels are available for other Glocks (21,17 I think), but they didn't mention whether or not one to fit an M&P or 5900 Series was a possibility or could be considered or whether or not I could be notified of additions to the "line-up." You go tthe inside scoop? THANKS!

·
Registered
533 Posts
+1 here Bobby!!

Tell the guys that we need M&P Training Barrels!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very good, I'm down for a couple of different ones when the M&P ones get rolling. THANKS!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is a training barrel? Figured I'd ask here since I'm too lazy this morning to research on Google!

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Just go to blade tech's site. its a swap in barrel that is yellow and won't accept rounds. good for training.

·
Site Staff
9,606 Posts
When you positively need to know the weapon is safe! I think it's a great idea! When I went through the Police Academy most everyone was using revolvers, and there weren't any of those blue training guns back then either, so when you were training you were always extremely careful to make sure weapons were unloaded, it would have been really nice to either have something to simulate the weapon that was completely inert, or some positive way to easily determine the weapon was safe, like the training barrels.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There have been some pretty horrible accidents in training the last few years. A change in safety protocol and products like this barrel go a long way to preven it. We use red guns, but as BT's ad mentions, being able to manipulate the weapon would be a great advantage in my never to be humble opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts