MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ISMI with Stainless rod in the 9 today, liked the reaction of the 13 much better then the 11#.. using 147gr over 3.4 TG goes around 130 pf.. the 11 seemed to loose and i didn't like the way the sights were reacting with it.. On the other hand the 13 worked great..
felt really smooth and the sights were consistent in rise and came right back down on plane nicely..

I'll have to get the tungsten rod though as i do like the added wieght up front..

And i really like the Warren rear sight..

Now.. just a tad bit of adjustment on the rear.. and i'm golden

Mouse.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I recently installed the Warren rear sight on my M&P9 (replacing the 10-8 rear sight). With a Speed Shooters Specialty .100" front the sight picture is very good, lots of daylight on both side of the front sight. But until I get some spare parts (striker and trigger bar springs) I won't be shooting my M&P9 in competition. So for now I'm back to my Glock 17.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Re: Which sight performed better?

stg58fal said:
I currently have the 10-8 and really like it, however does the Warren work better for you?

I haven't shot with the Warren yet. But from experience I do prefer the wider notch the Warren has. The Warren sights side/shoulders are also lowered which allows you to see more of the target. Not bashing the 10-8 sight, it's excellent and I'm running one on my M&P45 and my other M&P9.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well bullets are

YukonGlocker said:
Sounds good. I'm going to get a tungsten rod also.

What bullet are you using?

Sort of a sore subject for me at the moment..

I'm using Precision Delta RN 147.. Not to bash PD as lots of folks have had great success with them but, these bullets seem to be very inconsistent in shape, ogive.. some are fairly pointy some are blunt, Makes for very very inconsistent OAL when loading.. weight wise they seem ok..

I'm going to use them up and maybe go back to Zero.. or even Berry's.. i've contemplated using Precision bullets also.. Thought about using a harder lead bullet also, I may try some see if it makes any difference.

As for the sights.. I like them alot, like Gotm4 says, you can see really well with Warrens sights, i was surpised actually how much faster it seemed to me picking up the sight picture..

Dan ? why do you need spare parts ? Not like it's gonna break.. and take your 17 as backup.. unless your shooting at a big match i doubt anyone would give you any grief changing if the M&P broke.

See if there's any OT in this paycheck
= tungston rod

Mouse.

[/i]

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mousekiller said:
ISMI with Stainless rod in the 9 today, liked the reaction of the 13 much better then the 11#.. using 147gr over 3.4 TG goes around 130 pf.. the 11 seemed to loose and i didn't like the way the sights were reacting with it.. On the other hand the 13 worked great..
felt really smooth and the sights were consistent in rise and came right back down on plane nicely..

I'll have to get the tungsten rod though as i do like the added wieght up front..

And i really like the Warren rear sight..

Mouse.
Glad to hear you liked the ISMI 13# spring... I just bought 11, 13, & 15# springs to play with, as well as a tungsten guide rod. And actually, my Warren Tactical rear sight arrived today, and I just popped it in... After I zero-in on the spring/bullet combo that I like, I'm going to get a Speed Shooter F/O front sight cut for even POA/POI at 25-yds.

gotm4 said:
I recently installed the Warren rear sight on my M&P9 (replacing the 10-8 rear sight). With a Speed Shooters Specialty .100" front the sight picture is very good, lots of daylight on both side of the front sight...
Since the notch on the Warren Tactical is a bit wider than the 10-8 (about .1485" vs .1400"), I was actually thinking of going with the .110 width Speed Shooter front sight... gotm4, you like the .100 better even since you swapped-out your 10-8 for a WT?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Xfactor said:
[quote name='gotm4']I recently installed the Warren rear sight on my M&P9 (replacing the 10-8 rear sight). With a Speed Shooters Specialty .100" front the sight picture is very good, lots of daylight on both side of the front sight...
Since the notch on the Warren Tactical is a bit wider than the 10-8 (about .1485" vs .1400"), I was actually thinking of going with the .110 width Speed Shooter front sight... gotm4, you like the .100 better even since you swapped-out your 10-8 for a WT?[/quote]

The .110" will work fine w/Warren or 10-8 rear. I like .100", it's very fast for USPSA but not quite as precise. For USPSA I'm not trying for 2" groups at 50yds. I'm going to put a .110" SSS on my M&P45 w/it's 10-8 rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts