MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After thoroughly cleaning my pistol I affixed the slide and dry-fired. As I pulled the trigger back(slowly) It felt gritty.. like it was grinding. I took the slide off and pulled the trigger and it was smooth. I oiled the stainless plunger and about 1/4" in front of it. Put the slide back on and pulled the trigger, it still felt like it was grinding. I tried this about ten times.. hoping the oil had to work itself around :roll: ...still feels the same.

Will this work it's way out or did I do something during the cleaning??

·
Registered
370 Posts
How many rounds through it?

I have 350 through mine it is seems to be getting less gritty. I have read that most will work themselves out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
100...I just don't seem to remember the grinding before.

·
Registered
505 Posts
im pretty sure the "gritty trigger" is a very common characteristic of a new m&p. it will eventually go away.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yes this is normal.

Put a few hundred rounds through it or a combination of firing and dry firing. May also want to consider a trigger job.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for puting me at ease. I am definately going to get a trigger job done on this baby as well as a FO front and maybe a different rear sight.... for now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The trigger bar is a stamped part and the surfaces that contact the sear and firing pin block are rough .You can use a stone to smooth these areas which improves the feel greatly or fire it alot to wear the parts in which will take alot longer.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will definately do that.. thanks for the tip bj.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts