MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a M&P 45acp that I purchased several years ago. This is not a gun I shoot often, primarily a nightstand gun. When I first got it I immediately installed the APEX block and sear kit. Remembering back I considered it a great upgrade. Took it to the range today and thought the trigger was horrible. Very spongy and not crisp at all and way to much travel. What's the deal ? Thoughts? Is it because I am used to much better triggers on my 1911's and shield?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Have a M&P 45acp that I purchased several years ago. This is not a gun I shoot often, primarily a nightstand gun. When I first got it I immediately installed the APEX block and sear kit. Remembering back I considered it a great upgrade. Took it to the range today and thought the trigger was horrible. Very spongy and not crisp at all and way to much travel. What's the deal ? Thoughts? Is it because I am used to much better triggers on my 1911's and shield?
Probably. If you shoot 1911s often, most striker-gun triggers are going to feel pretty bad.

I have a M&P45 2.0 Compact with a stock trigger - and it's not good at all.

I pretty much just ignore the trigger pull on most of my guns, and focus on keeping the trigger moving until it goes bang. After a few rounds it gets easier to ignore it.

In a real confrontation, under stress, I would expect you wouldn't have any feeling for the action of the trigger at all. You would be completely focused on other things.

One of the first things you lose under stress, or in life-and-death situations, is fine motor control.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hopefully you installed the Apex trigger too? That should help. I think I changed the springs using a PRP spring kit. It’s never going to be as good as a 1911, but I managed to get the pull weight down to about 3 1/2 lbs like all of my other guns. For me it shoots great, especially considering the type of gun.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hopefully you installed the Apex trigger too? That should help. I think I changed the springs using a PRP spring kit. It’s never going to be as good as a 1911, but I managed to get the pull weight down to about 3 1/2 lbs like all of my other guns. For me it shoots great, especially considering the type of gun.
Trigger weight is perfect it is the sponginess and lack of a crisp break that sucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got a new M&P 45 M2.0 and it's the worst trigger out of all of my striker fire pistols.I have a Apex trigger upgrade on my FN509 and looking to do the upgrade on the MP.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
No doubt.
I’m a 1911 guy with over 34 years of carrying them, after Uncle Sam issued me my first in the early ‘70’s.
Nothing can beat the trigger on a 1911; unless it’s the single action pull on an older S&W revolver. Even my new three-inch Colt Python can’t beat a good 1911 trigger pull.

Reactions: PAISAN
1 - 6 of 6 Posts