MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my MP40 back from Dan this afternoon. Dan did his standard trigger job and put a Warren rear site on and "adjusted the Dawson FO that I had previously put on.

I just got back from the local indoor range and man I pumped! No more trigger push!(low & left) Trigger is crisp and resets very nicely. Even in low indoor light the FO sight was easier for me to find.

You all need to understand that until I got this pistol I haven't had much trigger time with any hand gun at all most of my adult life. When at the range I wanted to focus on shot groups. I used an IPSIC targer set at 30 ft

I sent 5 shots down range in a slow & deliberate manner - I could have covered all of them with a half dollar! I sent another group of 5 down range shooting a bit faster then another at double tap speed. All of those were well within a 1.5 to 1.75 group. I can honestly say that this trip to the range boosted my confidence in shooting a handgun.

My son & daughter-in-law got me out shooting in local USPSA matches. So far I have shot in 2 matches in the production class. I have ended up last in the class at both events but I'm having a lot of fun shooting! In fact I got to meet Dan at the last shoot I attended at a local club. I'm certain that with Dan's help improving my pistol my score will climb in the next few months.

Another testament to the great & timely job that Dan has performed on another MP40!

Thanks again Dan!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts