MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not want this to turn into a war or flame fest regarding the two very fine supporters of the sight who do trigger jobs. My question would be if there is a difference between the two other than Dan will go a little lighter on the pull weight? Anyone have one of each?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I have dry fired M&P .40s that have had each of the jobs done. The trigger pull is very similar between the Bowie and Burwell standard trigger jobs even though they achieve it through different modifications. Personally when I have my work done it will be through Dan, not meaning any offense to Bowie who does excellent work. Dan's turn around time much better suits my needs and various other reasons that can be found in my previous post in his section.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I do admit that I do have a fairly long turn around but I have a huge work load from all over the country and some industry business, and some military stuff from our troops over seas. I undersatnd that dan does a nice job. His and mine are mostly alike. I do a few things even different now than I did a few months ago. Check out my web site for two trigger job options. I keep my triggers at a 4 pound minimum do to the fact, I build guns to fight with and anything lighter is a huge liability. Court wise as well as just plain trigger feel under stress.Your not going to cause any wars by asking good and valid questions. If I got upset that easy I would have exploded a long time ago from that, and the many smiths that just copy my designs, and one that even took 2/3 of my company name and copied my work. This is a big industry and no one person can serve everyone. Good Luck and keep shooting and training. CHECK 360 David.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Truly appreciate your candid answer David. Questions like the one I posed can cause quite a stir and upheval on other forums.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
m4arc said:
There's only one way to settle it: buy two M&Ps and send one to Bowie and one to Burwell
Somebody has spent to much time on ARFcom with that answer 8)

Seriously I had already thought of that. Soon as we make sure the FTE issue is settled I plan on replacing my carry P2000 with another one of these.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts