MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all:

I just completed a "full" trigger job, using all the mods. detailed in the procedure that D.B. hosts on his site. I am one happy camper! (Boy, if such info. was available for ALL pistols, I wouldn't get any chores off the Honeydew List). I was fairly conservative with the rear hump and Sear/Striker engagement, but I definately removed a bit. Before Mods = 6.25-6.5 lbs (hard to tell with my budget mechanical scale), After Mods = 5.0-5.25-ish lbs, with a much nicer travel ... I wonder if I can put Moly paste in there? I moistened all contact points with Breakfree Lubricant/Preservative, but I expected a lower weight. I am going to get some extra parts, to experiment to see just how low I can go before incurring an N.R.E. sacrafice. Anyway, I have two questions.

Q#1) When I take her for her post-op road test, how can I test to make sure she is safe?

Obviously, if I get a bang-bang-bang with a single pull, I'll know I have an issue. Should I point her down range and slap the bottom of my pistol hand with my weak hand, or any other type of "shock test", to see if she'll fire without the trigger? Hold her upside down and fire? How can I force her to demonstrate any issues she may now have? If I go through 300 rounds of mixed ammo, can I consider the operation a complete success? Dry-firing her seems A.O.K ... super, in fact ... what a fun project: minimal effort, zero expense, easily fixable if botched :)

Q#2) My nephew will soon be getting a new M&P9, just like his unk. Can the tops of two M&P9s be swapped? I would like to compare a stock upper and my fully worked upper (striker and FPB) on the same frame/trigger., and look at other such "pairings".

Many thanks to those who maintain this great website - I'll be hanging around here for sure.

I'm considering "gifting"my modified Sear, Striker, and FPB to my Nephews gun (provided they test fine in both My gun AND his) for he has neither the skills nor tools to do such work himself (nor the $$, of course). If I do this, I'll most likely send my pistol (with my nephew's OEM components installed) to Mr. D. B. ... so that I can see first-hand how my layman's work compares to a Pro's. My pistol feels great, after probably 6-hours of tinkering (well ... including gathering up the tools, putting away the tools, etc.), but I'm really looking forward to see the potential of these triggers ... and I'm sure Mr. Burwell can bring that out better than I with my pseudo-smithing.

Cheers - Shoot Well!!!!!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Q1: I just took mine out and test fired. Did a dry fire check of saftey system and a primer strike check before shooting, but pretty much just shot the hell out of it!!

Q2: I asked sim. Q and got the answer that the a 9mm slide works on a .40 frame and vice versa. I haven't tried yet to confirm, but all the specs seem the same on the lowers.

Have fun!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts