MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Flare -vs- Hump

with NO disrespect to the author of the wonderfully appreciated instructions, I vote for the nomenclature "Flare" over "Hump".

Now, jhe888, could you show on your nifty drawing, colored in red, the material to be removed?

The rectangular-ish area that contacts the trigger bar has a circle in its center, due to its manufacturing molding, I gather. If you could add this circle to your drawing, it would be a good reference to show how much meat gets removed down there. Not to put pressure on ya', but your drawing looks pretty good, so me thinks it's fairly easy for you to do. (?)

Cheers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice drawing - what a guy!

That's great - thank you.

I've already done mine, but such a drawing might have helped me feel more confident before starting. As for me, I cut down the hump as far as I could without going "negative" ... this was per the instructions hosted by Dan on his site (not HIS writing, for those who still don't get that). I did this before I read Dan's explanation of how he does it. She shoots good, but we'll have to see if she wears down and causes trouble later on. I'd like to get a couple of sears to experiment with - specifically, using Dan's technique of removing the front until she no shoots, then lowering the engagement. After taking out the Sear Housing Block umpteen times, I can do it pretty readily, so fitting and checking throughout the process is simple to do.

I hope Jester lets us know when he gets his order in ... as S&W doesn't seem to want to sell directly to consumers (?).

Shoot Well!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I emailed an inquiry ...

... about the availability of replacement Sears yesterday, but have not yet received a reply.

Their parts list does have an asterisk next to the Sear Housing Block Assy, which, indeed, has a footnote: "restricted to factory trained armourers".

Brownells offers 2 of the 3 varieties the Sear Housing Block Assys. ... but not the one that I would need anyway (No IL, No MS). I called Brownells and they said that THAT particular part was dropped from their list????

Perhaps a call, instead of an email, is the way to go when dealing with S&W.

The guy who answers the phone might be a bit more liberal than the reps. answering emails.

I'll post a copy of the email I get back ... if'n I git one!

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK then ... I gather that all three flavors of the Sear Housing Block ("standard", "No IL", and "No IL, no MS") share the same exact base components. Any one style can be converted to any other by adding or removing the IL or MS components. I had hoped this was the case, but wondered if there were other differences that might not allow for such interchangability.

One of the reasons why I was not sure is the odd pricing on S&W's site.

std. .................. 28.92

no IL .................24.75

no IL, no MS ......25.77

I find it odd that the "no IL, no MS" is priced higher than the "no IL". If it's just missing one component, I'd expect it to be cheaper, not a bit more. There I go again, trying to be logical about retail pricing = it's all random!

Thanks, Dan!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.