MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think that it would should a component affected by the trigger job cause the gun to malfunction or fail. For example, if the polished sear block were to somehow crack, it would not be covered. Or if the gun were to somehow go full auto and crack the frame, it would not be covered. However, I believe with a competent gunsmith these things are not going to happen, and fatigued parts are easy and cheap enough to change out yourself anyway.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
bchandler said:
...For example, if the polished sear block were to somehow crack, it would not be covered...

That is not necessarily true. Metallurgical flaws can be diagnosed by a skilled machinist/gunsmith. And S&W usually errs on the side of the customer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That may be true, I'm just saying that S&W has a right to deny warranty claims to modified parts or damage caused by modified/replaced parts

·
Registered
35 Posts
bchandler said:
That may be true, I'm just saying that S&W has a right to deny warranty claims to modified parts or damage caused by modified/replaced parts

I think you are correct. It would probably be wise to buy the parts to be modified from Brownells and put away the original parts in case you had to send the gun back for some reason. I modified my original parts but looking at it now, I would do it differently.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts