MP-Pistol Forum banner

Trigger pin walking out?

7K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Rick M 
#1 ·
I shot this optic ready Shield this past weekend. I have about 325 rounds thru the gun so far...

I just noticed that the pin on the trigger doesn't look like my other two Shields. The pin should be flush, but it appears to be walking out in 1 direction.

It won't move at all when I press on it, though.

I did look at some pics of when I first got the gun - it didn't look the way it does now. However, it DID look that way before the last range trip, based on photos...

I am hesitant to use a punch, because it's on a polymer trigger.

What do you guys think?

See less See more
#3 ·
I had one walk out like that @ShipWreck
I put a small round block on the other side to make it touch the other side of the trigger & tapped it back flush with a brass punch & small elf hammer...
Think film canister or something that size = anything...
Was afraid to put any CA Glue on the pin...
If you call S&W I would bet, they will want to see the pistol & do the exact same or replace the trigger + trigger bar = Unsure...

I can see that is the OR Shield Plus BTW...
Gary/Hk

#4 ·
I suspect it was installed that way. Shooting it more would help you tell if it was actually walking, now that you've noticed it. Using a punch on it is ok if the firearm is properly supported, like say an armorers block or similar.

#16 ·
I noticed the trigger pin walking out on one of my older Shield Pluses with 450 rounds or so. The pin was about a third of the way sticking out on the left side. I could push the pin back in with my thumbnail but I also gave it a few good taps with a punch to make sure it was flush. I haven’t shot it much afterwards since I’ve been experimenting with the Sig Sauer P365XL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.