MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Best I can find is ranging from 4lbs on the Pros all the way up to 8 lbs. Believe that's for the gen 1's and 2.0's. I have two 2.0's, one has an Apex trigger in it. Also have a 2.0 in 9mm. The trigger pulls feel the same to me. I'm guessing my OEM trigger pull weights to be about 5 lbs. I don't have a trigger gauge. I may see my gunsmith soon, just to say hello. I'll bring them with me and have them checked if I do, and revisit this thread for ya.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Don't confuse pull weight with smoothness/consistency.

A heavier trigger pull is harder to determine (by feel) if the break is nice and crisp (meaning you don't feel it drag, bump, move, stop, drag, etc. during the pull).

Don't know if I've ever measured one of my M&Ps.

They do vary in weight/effort and smoothness.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is a difference between 1.0 and 2.0's trigger pulls.
On my 2.0 compact and full size, they both averaged around 5.5 Lbs until I added a heavier trigger return spring, now they average around 7.5 Lbs. I know everyone wants a very lite trigger, but I wanted a little stiffer trigger pull since I carry them for concealed carry from time to time.
In my 1.0's full size 9mm and 1.0 45 compact, they averaged almost 8 Lbs out of the box, so no modifications were needed for me.
I had purchased one of those Lyman trigger pull gauges and it was one of the best devices I ever purchased that leaves no doubt!

·
Registered
515 Posts
My two M&P9 2.0s measured 5-1/2 and 6 pounds out of the box. My older 1.0 was also about 6 pounds also but not as "good" as the 2.0s.

Both 2.0 guns now have Apex sears and striker blocks and they measure 3-1/2 and 4 pounds. The 1.0 was sold years ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts