MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone just replaced the trigger shoe on the M&P 2.0 without going with the Apex kit. I just cannot get used to the curved trigger. I had a Shield 2.0 before I bought the CORE and for some reason had no issues with the curved trigger. In fact that is what I based my purchase of the full size CORE on. There is so much pre-travel mixed with the curved trigger I can't get comfortable with it. All my other pistols have the blade trigger safety. I have no problem dropping the $160 on the Apex kit but I feel this pistol has a good trigger with a light break and just needs a different trigger shoe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sent Apex an email and will see what their response is. I have a feeling Smith and Wesson will ditch the curved trigger and go with the same style that is in the new Shield Plus in the upcoming year. The trigger has been a deal breaker for many people in the past.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately we do not offer a standalone trigger for the M2.0 models. Our Action Enhancement Triggers require the use of our 2-Dot Sear to function properly. Since the sear reduces the trigger pull weight to sub-5lbs, we are selling our Action Enhancement Trigger with our Duty/Carry Kit as it includes springs to bring the trigger pull weight back up to the 5-5.5lb rang

You can purchase the Action Enhancement Trigger (100-025 for polymer, 100-064 for aluminum) and the 2-Dot Sear (100-063) individually. If you wish to bring the trigger pull weight back up, we also sell the Duty/Carry Spring Kit (100-066) separately.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend!

Quick response from Apex. I think I will try more range time and see if I can get used to the factory trigger. Its a good trigger just different.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately we do not offer a standalone trigger for the M2.0 models. Our Action Enhancement Triggers require the use of our 2-Dot Sear to function properly. Since the sear reduces the trigger pull weight to sub-5lbs, we are selling our Action Enhancement Trigger with our Duty/Carry Kit as it includes springs to bring the trigger pull weight back up to the 5-5.5lb rang

You can purchase the Action Enhancement Trigger (100-025 for polymer, 100-064 for aluminum) and the 2-Dot Sear (100-063) individually. If you wish to bring the trigger pull weight back up, we also sell the Duty/Carry Spring Kit (100-066) separately.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend!

Quick response from Apex. I think I will try more range time and see if I can get used to the factory trigger. Its a good trigger just different.
One of the companies that sells custom Glocks and after market parts makes an M&P flat trigger for the gen 1 guns (I never asked if they make them for gen 2). Their logo is a triangle with the left side going below the bottom line to look somewhat like the letter A (erase the right side from the bottom line down and that's their logo).
I know the company name starts with A but I'm drawing a blank as to the name.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think it is Agency arms. They only list their trigger mixed with an Apex kit. Guess I will contact them next.

·
Registered
55 Posts

I feel the same about the Smith trigger. Perhaps if I just shot Smith only it would feel normal. I have three 2.0 Smith's. I put the flatty Apex trigger in my compact .40 cal, and the other two will get the same trigger put in. I used the heavy springs of the choice Apex gave me as I'm geared more towards a self defense pistol and not a range pistol. I must say, ti's the best money I've ever spent - Love the Apex - virtually no trigger over travel. I'd recommend the whole kit. : )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts