MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mass compliant MP40 and have ordered/received parts from Brownells including the sear housing block assembly, trigger assembly and trigger return spring. I've removed the take-down lever, locking block, slide stop assembly and trigger bar assembly (needed the trigger bar assembly out to polish for trigger job anyway).

I've spent some time trying to re-assembly and don't see how to easily get the trigger headed pin back through all those components including one end of the trigger return spring. Does anyone have detailed instructions for disassembly/re-assembly of the trigger assembly and spring?

I'm hoping there's a trick to it that someone knows about. Thanks.

Craig

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Leave the sear block out until you have the trigger pin in place. This will allow you to move the trigger spring into place via the trigger bar.

Also, you can use a small pick, or very small punch, and align all the parts by inserting the pick right to left through the trigger pin hole. Once everything is in place, push the pick out of the hole with the trigger pin. You can wiggle the pick to align the parts over the trigger pin as you push the trigger pin in left to right.

Hopefully this made a little bit of sense. It is much easier to show someone than it is to try to explain in a post.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, it makes sense. The trigger pin has no taper on it so it won't go unless everything's lined up. I will try the pick idea. If that doesn't work for me - I'm thinking if I can get another "pin" or something the same size as the pin and grind a little chamfer on it to help line stuff up - I can push it in from the right and then push it back out with the real pin. Thanks for the idea.

Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts