MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a reduced power trigger return spring for the M&P? That spring accounts for 2lb of trigger pull all by its itty-bitty self.

Oh, I guess I should add that I have the No IL/No MS trigger already, so I'm looking for a spring that is lighter than the factory one in my trigger.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm guessing you're from MA??? We get a super huge extra strong red return spring as a bonus from our AG. You can get a "std" one from Brownells that is normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm in Texas.... My pistol doesn't have any of the extra crap... I'm just trying to get the best trigger I can, and it seems like the standard trigger return spring is stiffer than it needs to be. I'm aware that it's even stiffer in some other models. I do sympathize with those of you in the communist parts of the country.

I've done the trigger job per the instructions elsewhere in the forum. And it made a great improvement. It's smooth, the reset is great, and the pull is right at 5lb. But the trigger return spring accounts for 2 lbs, and the spring for the FP block contributes another lb. So, there is only so much I can get out of reducing the angle of the sear's engagement surface, and I don't want to remove too much more only to find I've gone too far and have to start over. If I could take off another lb or so via tweaking the springs, I'd probably be happy, and I'll still have a safe and reliable trigger.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There was some mention of bending the tab on the trigger bar where the trigger spring connects. You may want to look into that. Not too much or you won't get a good reset.

Gringop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts