MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an M&P 9c 1.0
I am looking to upgrade the trigger to maybe an Apex or Agency Arms drop in kit. I am not sure what the best trigger options are with the thumb safety still in place. If I remove the thumb safety is the gun any different from a factory non thumb safety model? Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wouldn't think the thumb safety would affect using the Apex parts. But I would email them.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The thumb safety parts are completely independent of the sear, etc. in the Apex kit. You can leave the thumb safety in place or remove it as you wish with no effect on the trigger. If you remove it you will want to get the small plastic filler plugs that cover the notches in the frame. S&W will send you a set at no cost if you ask.

·
Registered
421 Posts
My 2.0 5" FDE 9MM has the thumb safeties and the Apex trigger kit.

Absolutely awesome trigger now and the thumb safeties were not an issue.

The thumb safety works by blocking the rearward movement of the trigger bar before it starts to move the piece that moves the sear. It the "FIRE" position the trigger bar moves right over the safety bar and operates just like an M&P with no thumb safety.

I also put an Apex trigger kit in my 2.0 .45 acp 4" with thumb safeties. Again, no issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts