MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9mm and .40 FS M&P. With the help of posts here I've been able to get my .40 trigger nice and smooth at about 4.5lbs pull. I polished the safety plunger, trigger bar (where it engages sear and safety plunger), striker. I removed material from the sear where it engages the trigger bar (this mostly gives you a reset and less trigger follow thru). I also removed material from the top of the sear and removed some of the "hump" on the sear.

I recently did about the same exact thing on my 9mm.. however I have about 5.5lbs trigger pull but with a much crisper break.

The question is: what gives you less trigger pull? The ramps on the two sears looks similar. I may have removed slightly less from the 9mm hump as I read that would make the trigger less crisp- which makes sense based on what I'm seeing on my 9mm. So the question is- on the 9mm how can I get another lb or so less? I'm quite surprised at how spoiled I am with the 4.5lbs. 5.5lbs seems like considerably more pull.

Thanks!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Theres a decent amount of variability between M&P's of all kinds. Ive had sears that were perfect and fairly tamely modified and drop them in another pistol, and it wouldnt even disengage the striker..

Its a big reason nobody's crazy enough to offer a drop-in sear!

The heavier pull on the 9mm, is likely due to more striker engagement, but Id treat them as seperate pistols and go through the process of the trigger job as if it were your only one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts