MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people spend New Years Eve partying and stuff. I spent it doing the Dan B. trigger work on my M&P 9. I guess I'm just a little bit different!

Turned out nice...a big improvement over stock. I didn't cut the top of the sear any as the trigger weight was at 4lbs even with out doing it.

The only trouble I had was when I was trying to put the rear sight back on...the FPB spring just did not want to cooperate!

Now, I'm off to the range to find out if it actually works...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sweet deal dude, I hate putting that spring back in. A real pain (IMO). Its well worth it though for a nice smooth trigger job

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darn it! I didn't get to go shoot it today!

Oh well, I'll have Paula take me to the local indoor range's Wednesday "Ladies Night". It'll be free! :wink:

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I spent the week building another AR myself. The trigger job was pretty fun and easy to do, wasn't it?!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Though I've worked on many firearms over the years, I have to admit i was a little nervous at first! Dan's instructions are great and made the whole process a LOT easier. 8)

·
Registered
165 Posts
just did a little work on my returned gun. much nicer, but I still notice two clicks on the reset. Not sure where that's coming from. it's reduced now, but still there.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got home the range...test fired the M&P 9 and it goes bang every time!

I let a couple of the gun shop guys paw all over it and they liked how it felt. Of course, I told how DIFFICULT it was to do the trigger work on the M&P's!

I'll let 'em churn on it a couple of days and tell them the true... :wink:

·
Registered
66 Posts
DM-SC said:
Most people spend New Years Eve partying and stuff. I spent it doing the Dan B. trigger work on my M&P 9. I guess I'm just a little bit different!

Turned out nice...a big improvement over stock. I didn't cut the top of the sear any as the trigger weight was at 4lbs even with out doing it.

Is there a thread or set of posts that explain how to do the home trigger job on the M&P 9mm? Enquiring minds and such. Thanks.

:?:

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got to find a place to get these "polishing stones"? I have stones for sharpening fishing hooks but I do not think that is what they are referring to?

·
Registered
66 Posts
JohnA136 said:
I got to find a place to get these "polishing stones"? I have stones for sharpening fishing hooks but I do not think that is what they are referring to?

Actually those polishing stones look really similar to knife sharpening stones (like the fine grit 1000 and higher)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
My .45's have worn in pretty well but could probably still benefit from a trigger job. The 9 I picked up this weekend has an excellent trigger out of the box.

·
Registered
497 Posts
centurion2000 said:
[quote name='JohnA136']I believe this is what you are looking for?

http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&Ptriggerjob1.htm

Great read! One day i will get up the nerve to try it

Thanks so much. That was exactly what I was looking for. Now I just need to find a good set of punches and I am ready to go actually.

[/quote]

JTaliani has a specially designed roll pin punch for the M&P. I have not used one but do have one coming.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Buckaroo said:
JTaliani has a specially designed roll pin punch for the M&P. I have not used one but do have one coming.

May I ask from where?

·
Registered
497 Posts
DM-SC said:
[quote name='Buckaroo']

May I ask from where?[/quote]

From his tool bench..... Send him a PM. He mailed mine out today.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Buckaroo said:
[quote name='DM-SC'][quote name='Buckaroo']

May I ask from where?[/quote]

From his tool bench..... Send him a PM. He mailed mine out today.[/quote]

I didn't realize "JTaliani" was M&P-pistol.com user name! :?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts