MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I ordered a set of the new Trijicon (Novak style) night sights from G&R Tactical. Grant shipped my sights out right away and they arrived on my doorstep just a few days later. Then I boxed up my slide and new sights and shipped them off to GotM4 for installation.

My slide arrived back from GotM4 today and I couldn't be happier. I've had Trijicons on 1911s and now Glocks and these are just as nice. Perfect sight picture, nice bright inserts and GotM4 always does quality work. I'm extremely glad to see Trijicon producing these and I'm equally glad that I purchased a set.

Total time from when I placed my order to when they arrived back here today was 9 working days. Not bad considering all the shipping involved and I'm sure I'll do it all again when I get my next M&P

Thanks C4iGrant and GotM4!

·
Registered
405 Posts
What's the point of getting these if they're basically the same as the stock ones, isn't the stock ones cheaper price ??

·
Registered
119 Posts
EDIT: I did not understand the question and wrote out of context, please excuse my response below. VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

The point is that you can shoot in the dark which the stock 3-dot sights do not facilitate, right? Or are you talking about the S&W factory nyte sytes?

·
Registered
405 Posts
moxie1c said:
The point is that you can shoot in the dark which the stock 3-dot sights do not facilitate, right?

I'm talking about if you get the stock Novak Night Sights. :!:

and I found this..

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because even with my Brownells discount the stock M&P night sights are $40 more than the Trijicons!

Trijicon is probably making the tritium inserts for the stock sights any way so they probably aren't any different. Trijicon also offers a wide variety of colors; green/green, green/orange, green/yellow but for now they are only offering green/green in the Novak style which is fine by me.

When I buy another M&P I'll save myself the time and effort and get one with factory NS but for those that don't have them Trijicon is another option. And if we want the M&P to be successful we need more options.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Really, thats crazy... I however, like the tru-glo for both day and night operations...

·
Registered
405 Posts
m4arc said:
Because even with my Brownells discount the stock M&P night sights are $40 more than the Trijicons!

Trijicon is probably making the tritium inserts for the stock sights any way so they probably aren't any different. Trijicon also offers a wide variety of colors; green/green, green/orange, green/yellow but for now they are only offering green/green in the Novak style which is fine by me.

When I buy another M&P I'll save myself the time and effort and get one with factory NS but for those that don't have them Trijicon is another option. And if we want the M&P to be successful we need more options.

I got them stock figuring if you buy the gun, than buy the sights, than pay to have them installed you end up spending more money.. I guess if somebody charges too much for the gun than you're paying more than when they just come on it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
m4arc said:
Trijicon also offers a wide variety of colors; green/green, green/orange, green/yellow but for now they are only offering green/green in the Novak style which is fine by me.

I just ordered a set of green ones and a set of yellow and green for my M&P direct from Trijicon on thursday

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anybody know where I can just get the front Trijicon for an M&P only? I need one to go along with a 10-8 rear. Thanks

·
Registered
648 Posts
MTech said:
What's the point of getting these if they're basically the same as the stock ones, isn't the stock ones cheaper price ??

The models that come with night sights are not always desirable. So often times, it is better to get the model of M&P that you want and then add whatever brand of NS your interested in.

Just as an FYI, the Trijicon/Novak NS's from me are almost the same price as they would be on a factory weapon.

C4

·
Registered
648 Posts
cgv69 said:
Does anybody know where I can just get the front Trijicon for an M&P only? I need one to go along with a 10-8 rear. Thanks

I can most likely get them.

C4

·
Registered
405 Posts
C4iGrant said:
[quote name='MTech']What's the point of getting these if they're basically the same as the stock ones, isn't the stock ones cheaper price ??

The models that come with night sights are not always desirable. So often times, it is better to get the model of M&P that you want and then add whatever brand of NS your interested in.

Just as an FYI, the Trijicon/Novak NS's from me are almost the same price as they would be on a factory weapon.

C4[/quote]

That still doesn't make sense :? You can get them on any of them so it's not like there's some features there you don't get if you have the NS's stock..and all the stock sights are Novak so the sights are the same too just one set glows.

·
Registered
648 Posts
MTech said:
[quote name='C4iGrant'][quote name='MTech']What's the point of getting these if they're basically the same as the stock ones, isn't the stock ones cheaper price ??

C4[/quote]

That still doesn't make sense :? You can get them on any of them so it's not like there's some features there you don't get if you have the NS's stock..and all the stock sights are Novak so the sights are the same too just one set glows.[/quote]

Not sure I follow. For instance, in my LE catalog, only certain models come with the NS's. Those models have features that I find unappealing. So it makes sense for me to order the models that will sell and then just install the Trijicon NS's on them if the customers wants them.

C4

·
Registered
405 Posts
That actually makes sense. I was under the impression you could just add NS to any model though... doesn't really make sense for that not to be the case from S&W.

·
Registered
648 Posts
MTech said:
That actually makes sense. I was under the impression you could just add NS to any model though... doesn't really make sense for that not to be the case from S&W.

You could most likely call up S&W and order a M&P with nights sights on it, but this would be a special order and you would most likely pay retail and wait forever.

C4

·
Registered
648 Posts
I don't know how many of you have taken a night fighting course, but overly bright night sights are NOT desirable. You want to just be able to see them.

C4

1 - 20 of 23 Posts