MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for buy a set of Trijicon Novak night sights for my M&P 40c. There are three options available. The SA37/SA37Y/SA37O, the green front and back, green front and yellow back, and the green front and orange back. Is there any arguments out there as to why one option is better than the others? I was thinking green/green, but if studies or data says green yellow or green orange helps targeting faster than I would like to hear about it. So is there a difference or is it all just personal choice? Thanks...

·
Registered
188 Posts
jediihaf said:
I am looking for buy a set of Trijicon Novak night sights for my M&P 40c. There are three options available. The SA37/SA37Y/SA37O, the green front and back, green front and yellow back, and the green front and orange back. Is there any arguments out there as to why one option is better than the others? I was thinking green/green, but if studies or data says green yellow or green orange helps targeting faster than I would like to hear about it. So is there a difference or is it all just personal choice? Thanks...

Good questions. I'll be watching soon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is what I know. At night, if you are looking through your sights, it's easier to place the front green dot between the rear yellow/orange dots. The color difference permits you to distinguish the front sight from the rear. Just image if all the dots were green, in the dark, you will not be able to tell if the front sight is align BETWEEN the rear, or if it's off to one of the side. However, with the front being green and the rear being yellow/orange, you would be able to correctly distinguish the front from the rear and vice versa.

NOTE: Green sights are much brigther than the yellow/orange.

I hope this answer your question.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I've never had a problem finding the front sight with all green dots.

In the dark, with the muzzle moving, it's very clear which dot is the front.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yukon, I think you misunderstood me. I'm talking about the horizontal view, when looking through the sight. Look below for my sorry attempt to draw it out.

+ = Green dot

@ = Yellow/Orange

In the dark, you can't tell if you are on sight when all you see is this + + +. Which is the front dot?

However, if you have the yellow/orange rear, you can see the difference... @[email protected] or [email protected]@ or @@+.

The yellow/orange combination makes it easier to tell if you are on sight or too left or too right.

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
It's not confusing to me.

1. Muscle memory allows me to point very accurately at short distances. (The sights are aligned.)

2. If the sights are not aligned, I have no problem distinguishing which dot needs to move.

3. If you are in such low light that all you can see are dots, then you need a flashlight to

identify your target. With a flashlight glowing, you can easily see the front sight.

:wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've heard that the Orange night sight aren't warrantied as long as the green or the yellow, anyone else heard this? If I remember correctly, it had something to do with whatever makes them orange breaking down faster than the green or yellow ones.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I prefer contrasting colors. Green is the brightest so that is always the front sight. My favorite sight picture is green front with orange rear, but its true the orange is only warrantied for about half of the time of the yellow or green, so its a yellow rear sight for me tog o with the green front.

Here's a poor quality pic of it, the sight picture is much better in real life so this pic is not a true representation but only to give you an idea of it:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Honcho said:
I've heard that the Orange night sight aren't warrantied as long as the green or the yellow, anyone else heard this? If I remember correctly, it had something to do with whatever makes them orange breaking down faster than the green or yellow ones.

The website warranty info confirms your point.... Yellow & Orange warranty is 5 years while green warranty is 12 years.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Maximum1 said:
The website warranty info confirms your point.... Yellow & Orange warranty is 5 years while green warranty is 12 years.
Green AND yellow are warrantied for 12 years.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here's a poor quality pic of it, the sight picture is much better in real life so this pic is not a true representation but only to give you an idea of it:

quote]

GREAT demonstration choochboost!! Thank you

·
Registered
34 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='Maximum1']The website warranty info confirms your point.... Yellow & Orange warranty is 5 years while green warranty is 12 years.
Green AND yellow are warrantied for 12 years.[/quote]

I stand corrected....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts