MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a set of Trijicon night sights on my M&P 40 Shield today. The rear sight IS a bit wider than the factory part. However, the dovetail cut and the width of slide itself are nearly the same width as the sight base. In fact, I can not feel the outside edges protrude passed the edge of the slide. :clap: I was happy to see that after the installation.

I have checked out the tritium function. It glows really bright in low light conditions! In total darkness, it's dang near a neon sign!! I highly recommend these sights and I'm looking forward to some trigger time on my little carry pistol. I may need to adjust a hair one way or another, but it should be close. Now the thugs of the world can't even hide from me in the dark!! ;);)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I put a set of Trijicon night sights on my M&P 40 Shield today. The rear sight IS a bit wider than the factory part. However, the dovetail cut and the width of slide itself are nearly the same width as the sight base. In fact, I can not feel the outside edges protrude passed the edge of the slide. :clap: I was happy to see that after the installation.

I have checked out the tritium function. It glows really bright in low light conditions! In total darkness, it's dang near a neon sign!! I highly recommend these sights and I'm looking forward to some trigger time on my little carry pistol. I may need to adjust a hair one way or another, but it should be close. Now the thugs of the world can't even hide from me in the dark!! ;);)

Painted my sights, multiple different combos. Just wasn't happy enough.
Never satisfied unless I have the best. So I ordered Trijicon HD night sights last night. Paid extra for faster shipping, but it says ship in 8 weeks on the website. Does it really take that long? Hoping to get them before I take my pistol course! :/

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered from Midway just last week and it was 8 weeks for them also. I think that's how long it takes them (Trijicon) to catch up with the backlog of orders. Now we just wait.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
HERE!!

Pictures or it didn't happen! lol

Somehow this statement bothers me. Why would a person I do not know imply that I may have fabricated purchasing and installing a set of night sights on my pistol? :question:

Well, here ya are:

This is my pistol: Askins Holster.jpg

Here are the sights: SA37.jpg

Happy now? :dry:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Painted my sights, multiple different combos. Just wasn't happy enough.
Never satisfied unless I have the best. So I ordered Trijicon HD night sights last night. Paid extra for faster shipping, but it says ship in 8 weeks on the website. Does it really take that long? Hoping to get them before I take my pistol course! :/
Got mine at a LGS. They had them in stock. Sorry to hear about the delay in receiving yours. That is how it is going these days with most things associated with firearms! If you want it, it's out of stock, delayed or back ordered. :rant:

I got the Trijicon Tough & Bright sights. ;) That model has tritium dots front (1) and rear (2), while the HD has one big tritium front and plain horseshoe rear. I Like tritium front and rear so far. I have them on my M&P40 FS and now on my Shield. I'll have to try out the HD's sometime, just to check them out.

Hang in there, Trap, your sights will make it, hopefully in less than 8 weeks. Hell, I could build a set myself in less time than that and walk them to you!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Got mine at a LGS. They had them in stock. Sorry to hear about the delay in receiving yours. That is how it is going these days with most things associated with firearms! If you want it, it's out of stock, delayed or back ordered. :rant:

I got the Trijicon Tough & Bright sights. ;) That model has tritium dots front (1) and rear (2), while the HD has one big tritium front and plain horseshoe rear. I Like tritium front and rear so far. I have them on my M&P40 FS and now on my Shield. I'll have to try out the HD's sometime, just to check them out.

Hang in there, Trap, your sights will make it, hopefully in less than 8 weeks. Hell, I could build a set myself in less time than that and walk them to you!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thanks for the support! I don't know how much longer I can wait! It's only been a day and its all I've thought about. I've been debating on ordering them for wayyyy to long! I've heard nothing but good about them, can't wait to try them out! I think the wide U shaped rear will be great for target to target and easy to pick up that big orange dot with my crappy eyes! I do how ever have a question about sights for someone more experienced than me. I'm a youngster as we've discussed in a previous thread, so this is my first pistol I've actually owned to be all mine, not dads or anything. So I don't know all there is to know about pistol upgrades. If I were to have my local Gunshop put the sights on for me, would my gun return to me sighted in?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a point of clarification - The Trijicon HD's have Tritium Front (1) and Rear (2); the front sight is just larger and also carries photo luminescent paint. The rear is a horseshoe and a bit wider than standard sights but it also carries the Tritium vials.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Actually I'm not implying anything, I simply wanted to see a finished product. Is it wrong I like to see pictures? I like to look at guns. It has nothing to do with not believing, and I'm not accusing of it never happening. Man people are touchy these days. I guess some people need the sticks removed from their arses any more. And the "lol" must have been over looked.

All I wanted was to see the sights installed on the shield..

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks

Just a point of clarification - The Trijicon HD's have Tritium Front (1) and Rear (2); the front sight is just larger and also carries photo luminescent paint. The rear is a horseshoe and a bit wider than standard sights but it also carries the Tritium vials.
Thanks for that clarification. I saw some in a LGS and didn't see the tritium vials on them. Jeez, those bigger ones might even be better than the Tough & Bright for my sad old eyes!!

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Back at ya!

Actually I'm not implying anything, I simply wanted to see a finished product. Is it wrong I like to see pictures? I like to look at guns. It has nothing to do with not believing, and I'm not accusing of it never happening. Man people are touchy these days. I guess some people need the sticks removed from their arses any more. And the "lol" must have been over looked.

All I wanted was to see the sights installed on the shield..
Simply saying. "Hey I'd like to see a picture of that!", would have been a lot nicer. "Pictures or it didn't happen!", is a bit on the blunt side!! Also the "lol" can be taken as a joke or sarcasm.

Personally, I LIKE the stick up my arse!! Since I had the heart attack and died in 2003 (jump started with a defibrillator 3 times), the stick reminds me that I'm still alive!! ;);) I'm an ex-telephone lineman. I sure as hell ain't touchy!! I just like to be asked nicely sometimes!!

Since you asked nicely, here is the photo:

2013_0227Gun_Stuff0004.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
I dunno, I guess I've been around the internet too long, "Pictures or it didn't happen" is a standard forum comment when you want to see a picture. Either way looks good man.. And we might be neighbors one day soon, I'm in the process or trying to relocate to GA.

Simply saying. "Hey I'd like to see a picture of that!", would have been a lot nicer. "Pictures or it didn't happen!", is a bit on the blunt side!! Also the "lol" can be taken as a joke or sarcasm.

Personally, I LIKE the stick up my arse!! Since I had the heart attack and died in 2003 (jump started with a defibrillator 3 times), the stick reminds me that I'm still alive!! ;);) I'm an ex-telephone lineman. I sure as hell ain't touchy!! I just like to be asked nicely sometimes!!

Since you asked nicely, here is the photo:

View attachment 1596

·
Registered
460 Posts
Somehow this statement bothers me. Why would a person I do not know imply that I may have fabricated purchasing and installing a set of night sights on my pistol? :question:

Well, here ya are:

This is my pistol: View attachment 1592

Here are the sights: View attachment 1593

Happy now? :dry:
Still don't believe you. Please send the gun to my house for verification. The verification process will be lengthy:geek::geek::geek::geek:

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I wonder if the OP would consider icky-PIC on his steering wheel or getting smacked with a butt set asking nicely... :evil:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts