MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, my first question...I'd like to order a set of sights for my m&p, wanting to go with night sights, but worried about all light conditions as I'll also be shooting it alot at range and hopefully competitions (idpa,uscca etc)...any suggestions or anything I should stay away from? Wondering if I should get adjustable, what shows up best at range and night, etc...thank you in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey all, my first question...I'd like to order a set of sights for my m&p, wanting to go with night sights, but worried about all light conditions as I'll also be shooting it alot at range and hopefully competitions (idpa,uscca etc)...any suggestions or anything I should stay away from?thank you in advance!
get the dawson precision competition sights. black rear and fiber optic front

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
get the dawson precision competition sights. black rear and fiber optic front

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
For gun games, this ^ is the best setup I have found. I prefer red rods, but you can buy a bunch of rods on Amazon and try them out.

My dedicated SD guns have Ameriglo CAP sights. I have found while tritium is nice, it is not the end all be all for night sights. If you use a handheld light and temple index or FBI hold, there is enough light on the sights that tritium is not needed. With WML, usually enough splash back to see sights as well.

Bottom line if you are solely relying on tritium sights only without a white light in very dark conditions, you probably are not PID'ing your target (and beyond). They do help you pick them up in LL though.

·
Registered
167 Posts
first off, greetings from pa turnpike exit 343.

second...competition shooting vs low light defensive are probably as mutually exclusive as You can get. comp sights are a matter of preference...big time.

as for tritium, I went with meprolights on all of mine. for range use (in and outdoor), never had issues with night sights. all of my 1911s had them and, when I left the Paleozoic era, I put them on all of my m&ps.

for comp sights? I would strongly recommend that You try a few out...ask others if You can see them...You may find out that You rule out a lot, before wasting time, and shelling out good old legal tender for no good reason.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hackthorns It's a big orange dot on the front for daytime then at night they have the tritium that glows very bright, pair that with a black rear and you have a fast set of sights.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Hackthorns It's a big orange dot on the front for daytime then at night they have the tritium that glows very bright, pair that with a black rear and you have a fast set of sights.
I have a set of those on a couple guns i have... LOV`EM...! :yes
That front tritium dot really lights up at night!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been using the Tru Glo TFX Pro for a while now. I really like them. They are fiber optic and tritium so you get great day and night visibility. Some people don't like the U notch on the rear sight of the TFX Pro, but but have several different options.

TRUGLO® | Firearms | Handgun

·
Registered
54 Posts
sights

I had Night Fision on my 2.0 C.

The rear sight had brighter tritium than the front which I didn't like.

Night Fision wouldn't help me out so I switched to HiViz H3's.

Very happy with my choice.

Bright in daylight and at night.

Good Luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts