MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my M&P 9mm yesterday and wanted to strip it down and clean it as well. Problem is I can't get the rod out of the butt of the gun. The instructions say just to twist it 1/4 turn in either direction and pull it. Problem is, with all my might I can't pull the rod out. I had to clamp it with pliers just to turn it the 1/4 turn and can't pull it out for the life of me, even with pliers. I'm wondering if there is some sort of trick to doing this or if maybe the rod on my gun is bent or something. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Do a search on this topic....many previous complaints and fixes. If you turn it more than 1/4 turn and pull it out, you will damage the little nub on the tool that locks it in place. Once you are able to remove it, it will become easier each time.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am going to try and explain how I saw the tool removed. Place you gun, butt first, against a counter top. Have the flat side of the tool resting on the top of the counter. Then just twist the whole gun while keeping some downward pressure on the tool. This method twisted the tool pretty easily and did not damage it at all. No tools needed

Here are a couple of pics that I hope will help.

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts