MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post. I just bought a new compact on Tues, and shot several mags thru it Wed. I had a terrible time with the Ranger 127s failing to feed. They'd logged against the ramp and just sit there. I was wondering if anyone had problems with Rangers or any other round not feeding properly. I went ahead and polished the ramp and will see if that helps at all. Thanks, Gabby

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
I have had quite a few reports of variouse guns not liking the Winchester ranger 127 gr. load. So it is not just your gun. I have had great luck with the Gold Dot 124 +P load. It is what I have carried for many years in all my 9's. I have never tried the Short Barrel type. CHECK 360 David Bowie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys, I went out and shot another magazine of the 127s after polishing the ramp and they seemed to feed alright now. They do give some resistance when the first round is fed manually. Maybe it's just me but, I had a G26 (that I traded for this compact) and it gobbled up anything I fed it. Maybe I should try some G.D.s. It appears, from pictures I've seen, that the bullet profile looks like it might feed better than the Rangers. Gabby

·
Registered
419 Posts
When you feed the first round manually, do you pull the slide back fully and then release or do you ride the slide? If you ride the slide, that could be why the rounds are hanging up during manual feeding.

I'm running both my M&Ps on Ranger 147s and have no problems functioning or manually feeding (when not riding the slide).

·
Registered
77 Posts
might try remington JHP ammo in 9mm it has the best ball profile of any JHP I have seen. nice deep hollow cavity that doesnt clog easy. min

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After polishing the ramp and running more Rangers thru my compact I feel the problem is resolved. I guess it just needed a break in period.
Glocks spoil ya! Thanks for all your input. Gabby

1 - 10 of 10 Posts