MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your measure of true friendships? Is it loyalty? Trust? Being there in a time of need? How do you define the bond between yourself and someone you call a true friend?

I define a true friend, as someone I know will have my back no matter what the situation. Someone that will support me in all that I do, whether they agree with it or not. A true friend is someone I would take a bullet for or lay my life on the line for any day. And they would do the same for me.

I pose this question because I am a young man going through many changes in life. Some good and some bad, but all provide a learning experience. I am trying to gain from the wisdom of men and women greater than I.

On the opposite side, how do you end a friendship? At what point do you deem this person no longer worthy of you or vice versa? What actions must take place for you to say enough is enough and it’s time to more on?

I thank you for any input you can offer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I show up at my friends house, and ask him to grab a shovel and lime and hop in the car. He doesn't ask questions.

Thats a true friend.

But in all honesty, a true friend, in these times, is someone who has your back and wont stab it.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
+1 This is probably why I can count the amount of "True Friends" I have one my right hand!!! :wink:

I do miss all my party buddies though
But some people have to grow up, I am one of those people, friends either grow with you or get lost in the process!!! :wink:

But in all honesty, a true friend, in these times, is someone who has your back and wont stab it.[/quote]

·
Registered
372 Posts
How to define a true friend?

I don't think you can. You just know it when you have it.

A true friend has your back. They will tell you when you are an idiot, but will help you anyway. They are the ones that say "hey, you have a bugger hanging". They will tell you that she's a gold digger but be your best man anyway... and drive you to the court on your divorce day without saying "I told you so". They will drop everything at any moment when they are needed...

... and a true friend knows you will do the same for them.

I have a lot of acquaintances, but I have very few friends. Out of all of us, only one has been culled from the herd. He was cut for forgetting "Bro's before ho's" was more than a saying. He screwed over all of us for another one of our ex-girlfriends. When that relationship failed a few months later, he came crawling back but we just couldn't trust him any more so he fell by the wayside.

If you really want to know more about how to choose good friends, read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad".

MI_Jester

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you can define a true friend based on how they treat you. I am realizing some people who I thought were my friends could care less about the things that are important to me and are more interested in partying. I guess these people weren't really friends after all and just acquaintances.

·
Registered
150 Posts
true friend..

A true friend goes downtown to the local cathouse, get's two "you know whats". and comes back and gives you one. Now that's a buddy... :twisted: :oops:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
ClearDark said:
I show up at my friends house, and ask him to grab a shovel and lime and hop in the car. He doesn't ask questions.

Thats a true friend.

But in all honesty, a true friend, in these times, is someone who has your back and wont stab it.

LMAO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts