MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between these two TruGlo's

I know one says white during day and they look different. Am not well versed on these sights.

But, is the price difference worth it.

Model Number for my 9EZ is TG13MP1A per TruGlo.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are those the ones that can fall out. Read that in some review.

Since I painted my front site orange, kinda prefer that over the white. Which the Amazon ones have.

The gun is mainly home defense, That said which one do you think would serve me better. Or, is it just personal preference.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like the tfx pros. They have the tritium, fiber and orange dot. They work well in all conditions that I've used the gun in. Plus my eyes don't work as well as they used to and that orange dot is easier to pick up.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree on the eyes. At 70 and with cataracts it's a wonder I hit the target.

Thanks,

Looks like the new ones have green front sites.

I think the Tritium ones may help more with my sighting quickly. Especially at night.

Would definitely have a gunsmith install. I don't think a Range would have a qualified person. Maybe.

I did this with a G-Sight Laser Cartridge dry firing. 16ft. But, I can't be that good. So, assume it is much easier dry firing than live firing. But, it has got me use to the sights and trigger pull. Not taking very long on aiming and firing. My first two times at the range, I took forever on each shot. Gonna try to get to the range tomorrow and test that theory. lol

IMG_1748.png

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Read a thread were someone commented on getting a mounted flashlight if using gun for home defense as opposed to the night sights. Can you not do both?

Seems tfx pro night sites would still help with daytime target acquisition. Am I correct on that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The sights are easy to see both day and night. I have them on all 3 of my M&Ps.
I have the original TFOs, not the Pros. Yellow rear dots and a green up front. The green is brighter than the back dots so you concentrate on the front.
These sights are around $68 a set on Amazon now, after sales tax $73. Heck of a deal.
I have another set coming for the FS .45 I just bought.

I doubt the Pros with a white ring around the dots would help me much, but if someone want to pay more for that, the Pros are out there too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts