MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of putting them on my 2.0 compact and shield 2.0. do any of you have them - if so, would you give us a critique. thanks, Wolfie

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just ordered the Truglo TFX Sights at the store where i bought my Shield. The folks at the store will install them free.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Love them on several handguns i own... i`m sure you`ll like them, they`re really bright!
Even my old eye`s can see them pretty good, a little blurry for me, but thats just my OLD age catching up with me...lol

·
Site Staff
9,587 Posts
Just ordered the Truglo TFX Sights at the store where i bought my Shield. The folks at the store will install them free.
Hard to beat that, installing sights is a major pain in the hind parts!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love them on several handguns i own... i`m sure you`ll like them, they`re really bright!
Even my old eye`s can see them pretty good, a little blurry for me, but thats just my OLD age catching up with me...lol
You obviously think the Truglo sights are better than the white dot sights that come on the M&P compact and shield 2.0.
BTW- I have older eyes also

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
You obviously think the Truglo sights are better than the white dot sights that come on the M&P compact and shield 2.0.
BTW- I have older eyes also
Yes i do Wolfie...
The Truglo`s smoke the standard white dot sights, no joke.
Its a HUGE upgrade and well worth it in my own opinion.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the gunsmith should know, but anything I should make him aware of when installing. He has a number of "pushers" which I am told must be used to install correctly.
thanks, Wolfie

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
the gunsmith should know, but anything I should make him aware of when installing. He has a number of "pushers" which I am told must be used to install correctly.
thanks, Wolfie
Well, if he`s a DECENT gunsmith, he will be aware of the fact that he shouldn`t use certain types of sight pusher`s that mounts within the rails of your Shield slide. They are very thin inside the slide rail area and CAN crack your slide. Its a known issue. I would suggest using a brass punch and hammer to remove & install the sights.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would suggest using a brass punch and hammer to remove & install the sights.
That's how I installed my Tru Glo's. I did 3 guns in about an hour with a universal pistol block and no vice.

FWIW - I'm about as mechanically inclined as Cro-Magnon man with a rock.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
That's how I installed my Tru Glo's. I did 3 guns in about an hour with a universal pistol block and no vice.

FWIW - I'm about as mechanically inclined as Cro-Magnon man with a rock.
Cro-Magnon with a rock.....rotflmao, i hear that...!!!!

Primitive as it may seem to some, i`ve been doing it that way for MANY decades, hasn`t failed me yet.
Only thing i would suggest, is put a drop of thin gun oil on the sight(s) the night before you push them off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have these same sights on my 1st gen M&P Shield, in fact I did a review of them for The Truth About Guns - Gear Review: TruGlo TFX Pro Tritium/Fiber-Optic Day/Night Sights [Contest Entry] - The Truth About Guns

I like them, but after reading a few "experts" talking about the advantages of a "2 dot" sight system (instead of "3 dot"), or even "1 dot" I looked into and found the AmeriGlo I-Dots - https://ameriglo.com/products/smith-wesson-m-p-tritium-i-dot-sets

For both my 2.0 Fullsize and Compact M&P 9mm I have the I-Dot with orange front sight.. The rear sight is tritium with a silver-colored ring, hard to do it justice with a smartphone camera, I'll try to attach it to this post.

The orange on my AmeriGlo sights are much brighter than on the TruGlo. I like them both, but if I had to do over I'd definitely put AmeriGlos on my Shield as well.

I just checked my records and the TruGlo was $115, AmeriGlo $85.

I think you'll be happy with either but wanted to share my opinions..

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts