1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a shortage of Holsters available locally for the M+P

compact. Like......none. The store I bought this pistol at has maybe

200 holsters in stock, most decent quality. I stood there this morning

trying my M+P compact in one after the other, not liking any really.

I know..... I know..... I'll have to order one in, and probably will next week.

That feels funny to me, like buying shoes on the internet.

For now, I picked up this Galco Jak belt slide. I own several Galco holsters and not one has dissapointed me yet. The list of pistols this Jak slide 'fits' is extensive,

and they are not kidding. It really does fit a lot. On the other hand, some things

are given up to get this range.

Down sides: (1) No retention but tight fit and gravity. Like my dad would have said:

"Gravity and good intentions". (2) no protection for either the weapon or me. (3) and most potentially worrying to me, it allows the magazine release to be touched by my shirt and/or body. I don't know if that will equate to dropped magazines, but I recognize the possability.

(4) NO security. My wife can easily remove the pistol from my belt from any position

she trys.

Upsides: (1) It really does fit my M+P compact pretty decently. It also fits my commander

really well too! They both stay tight to the body and don't print at all that I can see.

(2) I have been carrying my M+P in it since this morning, even while loading and unloading

a truck and driving. Smooth and comfortable while sitting, standing, and working.

Retention wise, I am surprised to find the weapon does not seem to loosen while driving at all.

It even passes the 'jump up and down like a school girl at a beatles concert' test.

I'm open to suggestion from folks who already have one of these compacts holstered.

What I am looking for, I guess is the sameas everyone else. Tight fit close to the body,

good security and retention, comfort, ease of acess, and possible future use in IDPA.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you dont like it, Glock holsters fit quite well. I have a OWB and IWB meant for a G26 and the compact fits in there like a glove.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried a bunch of the Glock holsters and they just did not fit my compact.

Everytime I tried to holster in any of the Glock rigs it stopped halfway in, binding hard on the slide. Maybe if I had changed tension adjustments, I don't know.

What brands/models are you using Midnite?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The package from mine lists the Berrete 92, initially, then about 30 others. I suspect it's a one size fits all deal. The Galco web site does allow a pistol look up when you view this holster, and the M+P .40 is on the list. That said, I am willing to bet there are only a few JAK part numbers.

Mine is: JAK202B

Nice as it is, it's only a backup till I order a better one from one of the venders here on this site.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Carteach0:

I may have asked you this at some point but I was curious as to wheter the JAK fit out of the box or did you gave to do any molding? I ask because due to lack of holsters in my immediate area I ordered this holster from Product Wizard.

Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just received my Galco JAK slide holster yesterday via your suggestion...Thank you, That is my favorite holster so far for the compact..It fits great almost as if it was made for it...Thank you again

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
De Nada.

I am still desiring an 'outside' the belt holster that will make

re-holstering easier. Both for the range and a wild idea about

trying IDPA some day. The advertisers on these forums have some

nice looking stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been using a Comp-Tac adjustable cant paddle for several months. You may consider reversing the mag release. I have found that I like using my index finger to release the mag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts