MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had Glocks for years (G19 primary carry), but wanting something smaller for daily carry. Pros and Cons for the Smith Compact or the Glock 26.

I realize what board I'm on and been asking on Glocktalk as well. a lot of support for both to be honest.

What say you?

AW

·
Registered
48 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had Glocks for years (G19 primary carry), but wanting something smaller for daily carry. Pros and Cons for the Smith Compact or the Glock 26.

I realize what board I'm on and been asking on Glocktalk as well. a lot of support for both to be honest.

What say you?

AW

To me the main thing is size and concealability. You should go to your local shop and see which one feels better.

The Smith holds 2 more rounds but is bigger than the 26.

The Glock 26 is proven and magazines are cheaper, plus it is a little smaller.

If you have the ability to rent both and shoot them side by side that would be your best bet!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been a Glockman for about 13 years. I've carried a G27 (.40) for almost that long. I also owned a G26. Now a M&P9c fills my holster and I'm really liking this gun. It carries about the same, can't really tell the difference in that department. It just feels better than the Glock in my hand and seems to be a bit more accurate. Holsters, still seem to be on the scarce side. My ankle holster for the G27 works for the M&P just fine. I've got a Blade-Tech belt/paddle holster on order, but it's for the fullsize. No compact yet from them. Also ordered a Mistersofty IWB, should get it Thursday.

Time will tell on the M&P, as to their reliability and longevity. The Glock has been proven in both of those departments. The thing I like most is the M&P is made by an American company and by purchasing it I'm helping the American gun industry.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The grip angles are certainly different, that being the main

reason I chose this M+P 9c while standing at the gun counter.

The glock does not point well for me, as I have been shooting

the 1911 grip angle for a lifetime.

That said, I am VERY happy with this M+P. It's function has been

flawless, the accuracy better than good, and it's a natural

pointing pistol for me. It also fades away on my body like it

wasn't even there. Actually more confortable than my snubby .38.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The obvious answer is to try both and see what feels better to you. I went with the M&P because it felt better in my hand than the G26. As both are quality guns, the proven reliability of Glock, and there is more info becoming available on the M&P being reliable after several thousand rounds, I don't see how you could go wrong with either one unless you find what you purchase to be uncomfortable. If you still have a hard time deciding after trying both, another consideration could be that the M&P comes with a lifetime warranty (hopefully you never need it). A plus for the G26 is ease of finding accessories and the lower cost on extra magazines.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My girlfriend usually carries a Glock 26, very nice compact and reliable weapon. We have had our eyes on the M&P compact 9 for sometime now. I'm really getting the itch to buy one, or should I wait for the compact 40 and then get the .357 Sig barrel when available. Oh my, I'm in a quandary.

Dennis

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a G19 and a mp 9 fullsize. After shoot them side by side I probably will not buy another glock. I like the grip of the mp. The mp has a rifled barrel for those who shoot lead bullets. The interchangable back straps are awsome. The made in the USA is very important to me. My wife now has a mp9c.

Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts