MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this email from S&W. I'm seriously interested in the M&P but I was hoping for a more complete response. Can someone point me to a source at S&W where I might get more info?

thanks,

gumby

- all parts are not available for sale at this time

as for the armores course i dont have their current schedule but im sure it covers that model

the normal endurance tesing is 20,000 plus rds

i have not heard of a 5" model at this time

thank you

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:43 AM

To: Smith & Wesson Support

Subject: M&P Questions

Hi,

I’m an 01 FFL and gunsmith, as well as serious shooter. I’ve recently noticed your M&P line and am excited that it might be a viable Glock replacement. However, I have a couple of questions:

Are all parts for the M&P available to me? This is a big deal as everything eventually breaks or wears out under constant heavy use, even Glocks. . This is my main reason for NOT selecting a Springfield XD. It is simply not practical to send a pistol to the factory to replace parts.

Do you have an Armorer’s course available in Utah? If not, do you have an Armorer’s manual available?

Have you conducted an extended torture test such as Glock’s 200,000+ round test? If not, what tests have been run?

I believe that you recently announced availability of a 5 inch tactical version. Can you confirm this and provide a time line for general product availability?

Thank you in advance for your response. I believe you may have a product which can successfully compete against other products of it’s type. A very big part of this is being a responsive company, something that your competitors do not fully understand. The fact that you are an American company with an American made product is also a plus.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Not a good reply....

It always amazes me when a company loses the chance to promote a new product they recentely produced and that product having heavy competition with other like products. The cost of developing these new products is tremendous but a email with good info to a prospective customer is FREE. I really like my S & W MP's but I was not directed to them initially because of a dynamic promotional campaign. You can't open a gun magazine without the XD's jumping out at you. That's very good promotion. The S & W products are all included in a one page, non descript, ad promising a product that will be available in the future sometime. I think I love my MP's more than the S & W, P.R. people do.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
S&W is in the process of releasing more parts to the public. I have most of the small parts for the M&P on the way to my house right now.

There is a schedule for the armorer's course on their website somewhere. I was going to take it just to have the certificate. But it will cost me over $600 for the course and transportation/lodging. I decided I didn't want to spend that much money on it right now. The M&P is very simple to disassemble. If you are a gunsmith, then you won't have any problems getting it apart. Here is mine disassembled:

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2508

If you are unsure about any of the disassembly, just let me know. I could walk you through it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts