MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know where to post this, but I am wondering about the strength of the 2 piece trigger in the M&P. It looks like a potential weak link for a hard use gun. I can't recall ever seeing another gun with a 2 piece trigger like this one. I did try search, but I didn't find anything specifically about this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw a picture, I thought on this forum, of a M&P with fractures around the hole the pivot pin fits through. I wish I could find it again.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
We have some pistols with some pretty high round counts on this board, and there haven't been any reports of anything like you mention.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
A couple people had cracks. Probably a defect in the casting of the plastic.

Put it this way. There should never be any more pressure on the tirgger than what takes to make the gun go bang. If there is, something in your gun already broke, so you are already screwed.

It's not the jaws of life, it's a trigger.

·
Registered
937 Posts
The trigger comes to a full stop against a designed stop inside the trigger guard. Since this stop limits the travel of the bottom of the trigger, the only ways for it to break are:

1:Something broken inside gun resulting in an excessively high tension to move the trigger at all. Gun needs fixed anyway.

2:You're pulling on it at the top of the trigger. Remove hands, correctly implant bionic ones.

3:You've removed the stop. Quite likely you need more help than Smith can give you. See a shrink.

4:There was a casting fault at the factory. Call Smith.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Glock uses a very similar design, and even uses the same safety feature on their triggers as an M&P... well, M&P uses the same as they do. Anyways... if I turn into the Hulk, then we'll find out how ez it is to break the trigger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts