MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have a two tone (media blasting) job from Dan Burwell, or pics of some? I've seen pics of some full size M&P's but not sure I've seen any of the compacts. If you got one lets see those beauties!! If I end up getting the trigger job I'll probably be forced to get that done as well hehe, love the two tone.

Thanks!

·
Registered
910 Posts
These were posted by Dan in another thread. The 9c with the Burwell rear sight is mine. The 40c on bottom is someone else on here's. It's not the media blasting, though, it's the teflon nickel coating. It's a Dan Burwell two tone, nonetheless.

http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/misc/twins/twins1f.jpg

http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/misc/twins/twins2f.jpg

http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/misc/twins/twins3f.jpg

http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/misc/twins/twins4f.jpg

I just copied & pasted Dan's pics. Ask anyone around here - you don't want to see the pictures I take. They suck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The warranty on the treated parts of the gun are voided, for the most part. Treating certain parts doesn't void the whole warranty, ie "blasted" slide doesn't prevent an owner from sending the weapon in for a "mag drop" issue.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I've never had to send in a gun for warranty work, and none of these M&P's of mine have ever even hinted at giving me a problem. If something breaks I'll pay Dan to fix it or replace it with a better part.
The slide can always be re-teflon coated if that somehow goes bad, etc.

It's way more than worth it.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
if some thing breaks S&W will fix it so long as it the break didn't occur as a result of something I did. If something I did caused the break I fix it no hassle.

Ask any company if customizing their product will void the warranty the answer is yes. Now guys that I have worked on their gun then then later they had an unrelated problem ask them if S&W still fixed their problem the answer is yes. Companies must have policies in place to protect themselves, it doesn't mean they don't want to fix their problems and keep customers happy.

·
Registered
910 Posts
fultoncoshooter said:
but is a $40 upgrade worth voiding the warranty?

I take it you've never seen Dan's work in person. :wink: My teflon slide alone was a lot more than $40, and was worth every penny.

When I had my '03 Cobra that was heavily modded me and a buddy took it into a local Ford dealer to see if they would cover under warranty the two halfshafts, and rear pumpkin, that I grenaded at the dragstrip just for laughs. I had my compucar nitrous bottle hooked up, full faced helmet in the passenger seat, drag radials on with rubber all over the fenders, and time slips in the cup holders - oh, and still had shoe polish numbers on the windows. The look on the ladies face was priceless.

Warranties don't really mean much to me - especialy when stock parts that break can be replaced/fixed with better stronger aftermarket parts in the rare event that they do break.

Dan, void the warranty on my 45 extra hard!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
if some thing breaks S&W will fix it so long as it the break didn't occur as a result of something I did. If something I did caused the break I fix it no hassle.

Ask any company if customizing their product will void the warranty the answer is yes. Now guys that I have worked on their gun then then later they had an unrelated problem ask them if S&W still fixed their problem the answer is yes. Companies must have policies in place to protect themselves, it doesn't mean they don't want to fix their problems and keep customers happy.

I ask them if media blasting the slide to natural stainless steel would void the warranty and they said yes

If you have a letter from them stating your modifications dont void the warranty. Id like to come visit you

but its not worth it to me voiding my warranty

BTW pistol shoot this WED at the bedford sportsman club

1 - 11 of 11 Posts