MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all guns are wonderful BUT what Company makes the ugliest gun out there.

I vote on anything hi-point..

·
Registered
660 Posts
101Combat Vet said:

I'll second that motion...just look at that carbine. But what the heck some people swear by hi points. Ever see that H&K USC carbine that fires .45's. It looks like Mattel's "my first assualt rifle".

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
+1 High Point so damn ugly makes me want to slap my mama.

If we are just talking looks, Glocks are damn fugly looking too :wink:

Fire1 said:
[quote name='101Combat Vet']

I'll second that motion...just look at that carbine. But what the heck some people swear by hi points. Ever see that H&K USC carbine that fires .45's. It looks like Mattel's "my first assualt rifle".

[/quote]

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
I agree, Hi Points are butt fugly!

Another one is the Walther P99, some of the HK pistols are pretty bizarre as well!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I agree with you John. But the tacticxal/rail models are adorable

G56 said:
I agree, Hi Points are butt fugly!

Another one is the Walther P99, some of the HK pistols are pretty bizarre as well!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hammerli .22s

Just about anything from Kel-Tec

And THIS thing:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
With a GK I would have to say I like this......
Reminds me of a BullPup just a little more rugged, I am oddly drawn to this.....

Onuma said:
Hammerli .22s

Just about anything from Kel-Tec

And THIS thing:

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
Webley Bull Dog

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
WWII Liberator

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
G56 said:
WWII Liberator

I would be very afraid to see this one in action or should i say ackhun.. I think thats right

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have seen better looking firearms made in prison than the Webley. And the Liberator as well as the Webley I would be deathly afraid to shoot!

·
Registered
312 Posts
You have to remember the circumstances for which the Liberator was made. It was a single-shot pistol that was supposed to be fired at point-blank range into the body of a German Soldier so that you could obtain his much better weapon.

The MAT-49(?) is ugly as sin, but coming up with folding the magazine out of the way under the barrel when not being needed was a good idea that made it less bulky.

My persoal "" favorites"" are either the Universal Defense UD-42

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg67-e.htm

or the ARES Folding MachineGun

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg70-e.htm

·
Registered
280 Posts
Fallschirmjäger - I think one of the coolest is the FG-42, your name reminded me of it. I wonder if those are for sale anywhere? No doubt the FA ones would be in the $16-20+k range

As for the Liberator, it is definitely not a pretty pistol. It's about as rudimentary as you can possibly get. It held 7 (?) rounds of 45 acp which had to be chambered 1 by 1 via the breech lock at the rear, and at 10ft its accuracy was somewhere in the 12" radius range. But like Fallschirmjäger said, it did the job when placed against the body of an occupying soldier. These things were paradropped into the European cities in hopes that they would get to the hands of the resistance and the oppressed. Great piece of history, right there...essentially a "bolt action pistol" !

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I remember vaguely that there IS somebody who's trying to sell clones of the FG-42, in semi-auto of course. The bad news is that they're in the the $10kUSD range. If it was to happen, it would probably be in the full-powered 7.92x57mm round insisted on by the Luftwaffe rather than the 7.92x33mm Kurtz envisioned by Herr Stange & Co.

Onuma said:
Fallschirmjäger - I think one of the coolest is the FG-42, your name reminded me of it. I wonder if those are for sale anywhere? No doubt the FA ones would be in the $16-20+k range

As for the Liberator, it is definitely not a pretty pistol. It's about as rudimentary as you can possibly get. It held 7 (?) rounds of 45 acp which had to be chambered 1 by 1 via the breech lock at the rear, and at 10ft its accuracy was somewhere in the 12" radius range. But like Fallschirmjäger said, it did the job when placed against the body of an occupying soldier. These things were paradropped into the European cities in hopes that they would get to the hands of the resistance and the oppressed. Great piece of history, right there...essentially a "bolt action pistol" !

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
with a replacement stock the hi point carbine is not so bad. the pistols are butt ugly. i hate to say this but the ruger p89 is pretty ugly. i too think the glock is pretty ugly. kinda kills that "perfection" slogan.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts