MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here gets theirs cleaned ultrasonically at least once? Do you have to disassemble it first? Any advice? Would be greatly appreciated. Thnx in advance

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have never seen anything other than "novelty" to this type of cleaning. An occassional field cleaning and a rare detail strip/clean should be more than adequate. JMHO

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I use an ultrasonic cleaner these days and I field strip when doing so.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Choochboost, what is your take on ultrasonic cleaning? I have never known anyone that could give me a firsthand report.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
There are a lot of posts on other gun forums about ultrasonic cleaning. I have just started so I'm not sure what I think. I don't have a high end unit, but I've never used a high end unit either so I can't compare it. It does a great job on the internals (sear, etc) but the baked on stuff around the chamber are the most difficult to remove. It saves me a lot of time so I will continue to use it. I'm the type of person that takes at least an hour to clean each pistol by hand, so if it was a multiple pistol range trip it just takes way too long.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I hear you on the time thing. I shoot multiple guns at USPSA and IDPA events plus practice time!! Let us know if it is worth the $ and if so what, where and how much. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts