MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the owner's book says not to have prolonged exposure to ultrasonic cleaning, but was curious what there meaing was there? Do they just mean don't prolong exposure at one given time or continously cleaning it that way? And do any of you use a ultrasonic cleaner and have you had any problems afterwards?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Dont have an ultrasonic cleaner, but I think they mean to not expose it to excessive ultrasonic cleaning in one sitting. US can vibrate pins loose, take off finish and if you put an assembled frame in there small parts are forced to rub against one another... US in most cases will remove all lubricant, so you have to relube the whole thing.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Ultrasonic cleaning tends to loosen things up, including things that should remain tight, I would recommend going very light on the use of an ultrasonic cleaner. The vibration tends to slightly move things around, creating some friction and wear, it might not be a lot, but it's certainly possible to over do it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
G56 said:
Ultrasonic cleaning tends to loosen things up, including things that should remain tight, I would recommend going very light on the use of an ultrasonic cleaner. The vibration tends to slightly move things around, creating some friction and wear, it might not be a lot, but it's certainly possible to over do it.

What he said!!

I have an Ultrasonic Cleaner, I haven't shot my M&P enough to dunk my gun yet, but when I do it, I'll dunk it for 25-30 Minutes and that's it. I have done that with my Glocks with no apparent problems.

Y

1 - 5 of 5 Posts