MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm about to send in order to natchez, for 1000rds of this, I'm buying the M&P 40 full size in a week or so, and wanted to get the ammo before the price jump. For $10.48 a box it's not bad.

Is there any reason I should not buy this ammo?? Any problems? Better ammo for price??

·
Registered
708 Posts
I dont know about that ammo, but I would buy less incase it doesnt shoot well or to your specs.

maybe 500 rds instead?..

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Remington UMC is as good practice ammo as most. I have used 1000 rounds in the past year along with 1000 of Win White Box. I then started re-loading but the UMC always went bang and hit the target.

If you want protection ammo you should get some Hollow Point's in addition to the practice. Try

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/ They have some Winchester Ranger 155 gr & 180gr JHP's for a reasonable price. Their Ranger ammo has always gone bang also and although not the absolute latest bullet design, will get the job done. IMHO

I prefer the 155gr.

:twisted:

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
It's good for general shooting and plinking, as mentioned above it isn't a good choice for self defense, but you have to practice, and that's exactly what that would be good for!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
TOF said:
If you want protection ammo you should get some Hollow Point's in addition to the practice. Try http://www.sportsmansguide.com/ They have some Winchester Ranger 155 gr & 180gr JHP's for a reasonable price. Their Ranger ammo has always gone bang also and although not the absolute latest bullet design, will get the job done. IMHO

I prefer the 155gr.

:twisted:
As you pointed out, it is not the latest design and is not the bullet that represents the LE Ranger T-series line. There's no good reason to not go with the true LE Ranger T-series IMO as it is a superior round and the price is roughly the same if not less expensive. Sportsman's Guide's price of the generic Ranger 180gr is about $10 more (50-round box) than the price for LE Ranger-T 180gr, and their price for the generic Ranger 155gr is the same price as the LE Ranger-T 165gr from at least one vendor.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, sent order today. I'm planning on using it for mainly range/target practice. I am planning on buying some federal Tactical HST for the nightstand mag, if you know what I mean :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts