MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent back my Uncle Mikes M&P belt holster because it is not IDPA legal (UM's website states "a great choice for IDPA"). I just placed an order for a Comp-Tac setup.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Most of their holster are cheap! I have one of their ankle holsters that is okay and some of their shoulder holster are okay. The rest, NOT!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Uncle Mike's became non-compliant in IDPA when they updated their holster requirements making "offset" holsters illegal.

You'll be more than satisfied w/ Comp-Tac products. Good choice.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Uncle Mike's holsters with belt loop are easily modified to meet IDPA holster guide line. With a screw driver and about a minute of time is all you need. Remove the screws holding the lower part of the belt loops, leave the upper in place. The belt loop now can be slipped over the belt and pants in the similar fashion as a paddle holster. The big gap in the belt loop that present the problem vs. the IDPA rules is eliminated.

This same modification can be done to the Blade Tech injection molded holster to make it IDPA compliance.

This conversion is completely IDPA legal and tested at major IDPA matches. The inventor of this modification is Claude W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts