MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired an M&P Shield 9 but still needed an IWB holster. I could not find anything I liked locally so until I could order something I really liked, I decided to get an inexpensive Uncle Mike’s holster.

I got the model 89121 which is a size 12. The package states it fits the Shield 9/40 and it cost $14.99 retail.

The holster is made of some sort of neoprene material similar to what you would find on a wetsuit. There is a plastic belt retaining clip sewed into the side.

The gun fits well in the holster and is relatively easy to pull out when you need to. Because it is neoprene type material it is comfortable against your skin with no uncomfortable rubbing.

Unfortunately, that all that is good about the holster.

The plastic retaining clip is very flimsy and does not positively lock over the belt. The softness of the holster to which it is sewed just exacerbates the issue. This poses a problem when stooping or when getting in and out of vehicle. Because the clip is not positively locking, the holster tends to swivel up to the point of falling off your hip when standing up or getting out of your vehicle if you do not hold it.

The only way I could use it safely was by using it as a pocket holster slipping the clip over the lip of my pocket to prevent the holster from dropping to the bottom. Even then that only worked when wearing jeans.

I recommend anyone considering a holster for their Shield pass on this one. as all it will do is frustrate you.

I have since ordered a new holster from CYA Supply Company. I will do a review on that one as soon as I can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
most of those nylon holsters are all junk. Get a kydex or leather quality holster. It is worth the extra coin imo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts