MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new M&P40 last Saturday SN#MPA56** and have noticed that it has a bit of slide play. The slide play (loose slide) seems to be more prevalent towards the front of the slide, which I find unusual. I put 100 rds through the pistol today without any issues. Accuracy seemed decent and my groups were also decent.

So I guess my question is this..... Do any of you guy's notice a bit of play in your slide?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
in a word... Yep!

these guns are combat pistols not tack drivers, there is some play in the slide to frame fit by design.

Keep in mind the only important thing for accuracy when using open sights is that the barrel returns to the same place each time in relation to the sights.

Dan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Take a peek at this thread...

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewtopic.php?...&highlight=

You'll see the gap difference between the front of the frame and the rear of the frame ...

That gap in the front - well, if you put your thumb under the rail area, and a couple of fingers on top by the front sight, you can actually squeeze and flex it a little.

Thankfully everyone here pointed out to me that it was normal - plus I went back to the shop and found the same thing on every other one they handed me.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Whatever Dan Burwell says, you can take it as the gospel. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts