MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted in november about problems with my m&p compact 9, got it back, s&w stated: replaced barrel, test fired to our standards. guess what? SAME EXACT PROBLEMS, gun jams on every magazine every 3-5 rounds with any brand/weight hollowpoint. works flawlessly with ball. i called them and they stated they fired 12rds of hollowpoint thru gun and it worked. I really doubt that. sent it back again today. I am utterly disgusted. If it comes back and doesnt work flawlessly like all my other glocks/sigs/springfield I will sell it and never buy a smith semi-auto again. I always was reluctant to by a smith and every time I have i have been utterly disappointed in terms of reliability and finish wearing after 6 months. wish I could say something else but i cant.

·
Registered
257 Posts
em8260 said:
I posted in november about problems with my m&p compact 9, got it back, s&w stated: replaced barrel, test fired to our standards. guess what? SAME EXACT PROBLEMS, gun jams on every magazine every 3-5 rounds with any brand/weight hollowpoint. works flawlessly with ball. i called them and they stated they fired 12rds of hollowpoint thru gun and it worked. I really doubt that. sent it back again today. I am utterly disgusted. If it comes back and doesnt work flawlessly like all my other glocks/sigs/springfield I will sell it and never buy a smith semi-auto again. I always was reluctant to by a smith and every time I have i have been utterly disappointed in terms of reliability and finish wearing after 6 months. wish I could say something else but i cant.

How many other people have you had shoot your gun and experience the same problem?

·
Registered
505 Posts
i don't know a thing about gunsmithing, but maybe polishing the feed ramp would help. I wouldn't think it should have a problem anyway but since it does maybe that would fix it. just a thought.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Polishing worked on mine... I used a hard jewler's rouge from Home Depot and my Dremel. Low speed, don't push hard - idea is to shine, not remove material. Wipe off, then buff with clean wheel on Dremel. Like butta!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Just out of curiosity; what is the prefix of the serial number and are your magazine followers black or grey in color?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my pistol back for the second time from smith. replaced the barrel and slide this time. only put about 75 rds thru it (all hp's) no jams so far, ill keep my fingers crossed. will put 2-300 more before i feel the problem has truly been resolved and i can feel confident carrying this gun.

·
Registered
370 Posts
em8260 said:
Got my pistol back for the second time from smith. replaced the barrel and slide this time. only put about 75 rds thru it (all hp's) no jams so far, ill keep my fingers crossed. will put 2-300 more before i feel the problem has truly been resolved and i can feel confident carrying this gun.

Sweet! Hopefully it is the end of your issues.

Edit: Removed my brain fart text.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Cajun Man said:
[quote name='em8260']Got my pistol back for the second time from smith. replaced the barrel and slide this time. only put about 75 rds thru it (all hp's) no jams so far, ill keep my fingers crossed. will put 2-300 more before i feel the problem has truly been resolved and i can feel confident carrying this gun.

Sweet! Hopefully it is the end of your issues. When they replaced the slide, I take it they put your original serial number on the new one right?[/quote]

Shouldn't have to worry about the s/n since its on the frame and not the slide.

·
Registered
370 Posts
PatM&P said:
[quote name='Cajun Man'][quote name='em8260']Got my pistol back for the second time from smith. replaced the barrel and slide this time. only put about 75 rds thru it (all hp's) no jams so far, ill keep my fingers crossed. will put 2-300 more before i feel the problem has truly been resolved and i can feel confident carrying this gun.

Sweet! Hopefully it is the end of your issues. When they replaced the slide, I take it they put your original serial number on the new one right?[/quote]

Shouldn't have to worry about the s/n since its on the frame and not the slide.[/quote]

I thought about that when I was leaving my office. Brain fart!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts