MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Both times I have post an ad to buy an M&P frame, this bozo messaged me.

He's very pushy and tries to get you to send him money as fast as possible. He's such an obvious scammer that you can talk him down to damn near nothing. Why?? Because he just wants to take your money, however much it is. He has no plans to send you anything.

I've asked him to post in my ad, and he has refused, only saying that a screen shot of the forum should be good enough. I told him I'd pay with paypal goods and services, but he responds that he can only accept friends and family, even if I pay the fee.

Today, I told him to send me a picture of his M&P frame, because I doubted he even had one. What does he do? He sends me a picture of a glock frame, that looks like he must have gotten it on google images.

I am disclosing his phone number so none of you get scammed. When you see this phone number, remember, DO NOT pay this idiot.

(775) 387-0130
___

This ******* has gotten MORE elaborate.

He is now using this number: (904) 533-5243

He now has a thread up where he is selling an M&P and several of you have reached out to him. DO NOT SEND HIM MONEY. This is his thread:

He is using this man's face and ID. The man in this photo IS aware of this. I've reached out and have confirmed it is NOT this man.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

This man is an arab male who is out of the country, using these emails for payment.

[email protected]

[email protected]

I will add more if I come across any. This man's habits are say "buddy/bud" and "man" excessively, and he is very pushy about your response. Keep an eye out for how he speaks. He says things like "will you take it now", instead of "go ahead and send payment", or anything close to what an American would say.

If any of you come across further accounts, numbers, or emails, please update the thread.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You should report the pm, then send G56 a pm with an explanation of what's going on.
This way the IP will be noted and they can remove them easier in the future.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should report the pm, then send G56 a pm with an explanation of what's going on.
This way the IP will be noted and they can remove them easier in the future.
That's the thing, it was only through text. He probably doesn't even have an account here. That's why he would not pos in my thread.

·
Registered
397 Posts
They are everywhere on the gun forums these days, so be careful buying from someone you don't recognize as a regular.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Thanks for the Heads-Up, but there are ways to avoid this type of Scammer.
1st off, don't post your phone # in the ads. Force them to Reply to your thread and/or PM you.
This ensures that they are indeed a Forum Member and if things went South, the Forum Mods could assist.

If you're afraid of missing a possible seller's Reply/PM, you can set the Forum to Text/Email you when someone Replies, or PMs you.

I would suggest that you edit your current WTB ad to remove your Phone #.

Reactions: sandog and jkv45

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the Heads-Up, but there are ways to avoid this type of Scammer.
1st off, don't post your phone # in the ads. Force them to Reply to your thread and/or PM you.
This ensures that they are indeed a Forum Member and if things went South, the Forum Mods could assist.

If you're afraid of missing a possible seller's Reply/PM, you can set the Forum to Text/Email you when someone Replies, or PMs you.

I would suggest that you edit your current WTB ad to remove your Phone #.
I appreciate it, but I understand the risks and am ok with them. I'm just giving you guys a heads up. I'm too busy to check my mail and forum PMs. I much prefer I get a text. Plus, I think we are all too smart to fall for some silly scammer like the guy who texted me. I think most gun owners are highly intellectual by nature.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I appreciate it, but I understand the risks and am ok with them. I'm just giving you guys a heads up. I'm too busy to check my mail and forum PMs. I much prefer I get a text. Plus, I think we are all too smart to fall for some silly scammer like the guy who texted me. I think most gun owners are highly intellectual by nature.
Not all of them are dumb and obvious.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE:

He i now operating from a new account he just made, under "Shomurray". He made the account just to send me more texts under a new number. How do I know it's him? He texts in a very pushy way like he's in a hurry and he says "man" in every text in the middle, or end of his text. THIS IS HIM.

The new number is: (605) 646-3403

I'm about to tell him I know it's him hahaha. This guy...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE:

He i now operating from a new account he just made, under "Shomurray". He made the account just to send me more texts under a new number. How do I know it's him? He texts in a very pushy way like he's in a hurry and he says "man" in every text in the middle, or end of his text. THIS IS HIM.

View attachment 17994

The new number is: (605) 646-3403

I'm about to tell him I know it's him hahaha. This guy...
Last time he sent me a picture of a glock frame. This time he sent me a picture of a full decked out Shield from Google images. HAHAHA.

OH, and by the way. He was ok with paypal and sent me a paypal address until I told him I was sending goods and services and he got irritated and said NO. Now he's begging for cash app because cashapp doesn't have a goods and services option.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not all scammers are dumb and easy to spot.
Ah, ok. No, I fully agree with that. However, there are certain paths scammers must take to not only dupe their victim, but to get away with it. When I said "we are all too smart to fall for some silly scammer", I meant it. i don't care how smart a thief, or scammer thinks they are, If you're smart, you won't be scammed. That's why their ideal victim is the elderly in our society. Not that the elderly are dumb, but as we all know, you lose your wit as you age.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ah, ok. No, I fully agree with that. However, there are certain paths scammers must take to not only dupe their victim, but to get away with it. When I said "we are all too smart to fall for some silly scammer", I meant it. i don't care how smart a thief, or scammer thinks they are, If you're smart, you won't be scammed. That's why their ideal victim is the elderly in our society. Not that the elderly are dumb, but as we all know, you lose your wit as you age.
OK, well, I'm one to never underestimate my opponent or enemy - so we'll just need to disagree I guess.

I know that smarter people than me have been duped by tricky scammers, and they are getting trickier all the time.

·
Registered
317 Posts
There have been several scamming attempts over on the rimfirecentral forum classifieds.
Someone responds to a want to buy ad, and they say they know someone else (never themselves) that has just the item that the poster is looking for.

Before the mods noticed this trend, I had an WTB ad for a Winchester 75 stock, the guy directed me to the e-mail address of his "friend", who 1) couldn't provide any pics of the stock he supposedly had, and 2) was really pushy and in a hurry to get payment sent, as he said he was going into the hospital for surgery the next day and wouldn't be available for some time after that.
I told him, sorry, I don't deal with scammers, and he got real quiet, no more e-mails asking for payment.
The crooks are coming out of the woodwork more than usual with all the gun related buying going on.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts