MP-Pistol Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

UPDATE. INFO YOU NEED TO SEE! Beware possible thief preying on buyers on this forum.

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  MindBeyondAverage 
#1 · (Edited)
Both times I have post an ad to buy an M&P frame, this bozo messaged me.

He's very pushy and tries to get you to send him money as fast as possible. He's such an obvious scammer that you can talk him down to damn near nothing. Why?? Because he just wants to take your money, however much it is. He has no plans to send you anything.

I've asked him to post in my ad, and he has refused, only saying that a screen shot of the forum should be good enough. I told him I'd pay with paypal goods and services, but he responds that he can only accept friends and family, even if I pay the fee.

Today, I told him to send me a picture of his M&P frame, because I doubted he even had one. What does he do? He sends me a picture of a glock frame, that looks like he must have gotten it on google images.

I am disclosing his phone number so none of you get scammed. When you see this phone number, remember, DO NOT pay this idiot.

(775) 387-0130
___

This ******* has gotten MORE elaborate.

He is now using this number: (904) 533-5243

He now has a thread up where he is selling an M&P and several of you have reached out to him. DO NOT SEND HIM MONEY. This is his thread:

He is using this man's face and ID. The man in this photo IS aware of this. I've reached out and have confirmed it is NOT this man.

Organ Human Beard Jaw Gesture

This man is an arab male who is out of the country, using these emails for payment.

ezekiel.om31@yandez.com

lilian87ny@outlook.com

I will add more if I come across any. This man's habits are say "buddy/bud" and "man" excessively, and he is very pushy about your response. Keep an eye out for how he speaks. He says things like "will you take it now", instead of "go ahead and send payment", or anything close to what an American would say.

If any of you come across further accounts, numbers, or emails, please update the thread.

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks for the Heads-Up, but there are ways to avoid this type of Scammer.
1st off, don't post your phone # in the ads. Force them to Reply to your thread and/or PM you.
This ensures that they are indeed a Forum Member and if things went South, the Forum Mods could assist.

If you're afraid of missing a possible seller's Reply/PM, you can set the Forum to Text/Email you when someone Replies, or PMs you.

I would suggest that you edit your current WTB ad to remove your Phone #.

Reactions: sandog and jkv45
#9 ·
I appreciate it, but I understand the risks and am ok with them. I'm just giving you guys a heads up. I'm too busy to check my mail and forum PMs. I much prefer I get a text. Plus, I think we are all too smart to fall for some silly scammer like the guy who texted me. I think most gun owners are highly intellectual by nature.

#12 ·
UPDATE:

He i now operating from a new account he just made, under "Shomurray". He made the account just to send me more texts under a new number. How do I know it's him? He texts in a very pushy way like he's in a hurry and he says "man" in every text in the middle, or end of his text. THIS IS HIM.

The new number is: (605) 646-3403

I'm about to tell him I know it's him hahaha. This guy...

#13 ·
UPDATE:

He i now operating from a new account he just made, under "Shomurray". He made the account just to send me more texts under a new number. How do I know it's him? He texts in a very pushy way like he's in a hurry and he says "man" in every text in the middle, or end of his text. THIS IS HIM.

View attachment 17994

The new number is: (605) 646-3403

I'm about to tell him I know it's him hahaha. This guy...
Last time he sent me a picture of a glock frame. This time he sent me a picture of a full decked out Shield from Google images. HAHAHA.

OH, and by the way. He was ok with paypal and sent me a paypal address until I told him I was sending goods and services and he got irritated and said NO. Now he's begging for cash app because cashapp doesn't have a goods and services option.

#18 ·
There have been several scamming attempts over on the rimfirecentral forum classifieds.
Someone responds to a want to buy ad, and they say they know someone else (never themselves) that has just the item that the poster is looking for.

Before the mods noticed this trend, I had an WTB ad for a Winchester 75 stock, the guy directed me to the e-mail address of his "friend", who 1) couldn't provide any pics of the stock he supposedly had, and 2) was really pushy and in a hurry to get payment sent, as he said he was going into the hospital for surgery the next day and wouldn't be available for some time after that.
I told him, sorry, I don't deal with scammers, and he got real quiet, no more e-mails asking for payment.
The crooks are coming out of the woodwork more than usual with all the gun related buying going on.

#21 ·
You sent me a PM letting me know and he sent me the same picture of that guys dr9icers licence and picture. He texted me from 904 533 5243 and when I insisted o giving either goods and services or the serial number to my FFL he said i was making it too difficult. Here is exactly what he texted me st 3am this morning!:

"Nevermind buddy I don’t like when you are making it difficult okay"

English is not at all his first language. He had another account on here. He will have another one.

#23 ·
Site staff had been notified and although they leave a cute post that “they are not responsible for scams”, you would think they’d at least ban the fuckers accounts by now. This forum is fuckn dead. Other forums I’m on would have acted on this in more ways than one. Maybe he they get kick backs... But watch me get banned simply for being a smart ass about it.

#24 ·
Site staff had been notified and although they leave a cute post that “they are not responsible for scams”, you would think they’d at least ban the fuckers accounts by now. This forum is fuckn dead. Other forums I’m on would have acted on this in more ways than one. Maybe he they get kick backs... But watch me get banned simply for being a smart ass about it.
I looked at the sale post of the compact yesterday and the seller was banned.
I was going to suggest you notify the forum staff but checked that and see you already had done so.

Not sure when they were banned but at diner time yesterday is when I noticed it.

This like other forums have volunteer staff they do the best they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.